SAP HANA Cloud Platform went live in Sydney, Australia.
It’s Thursday and everyone interested in SAP HANA Cloud should know by now that every other Thursday is the day we roll-out new features. Today, we have a special treat for all our customers and partners down under. Today, we ‘open the doors’ of our new data center in Sydney (figuratively speaking!)
In adherence to our broader cloud strategy we are continuously expanding our footprint and as such we are excited to finally establish a local data center for the APJ region. Given that we have a very active community in Australia this is an important step for us and one we know many of you have been eagerly waiting for. Now it’s here…
Some facts that may be of interest:
- Australia is kept in sync with Europe and US, hence the bi-weekly updates of the platform are being released to all locations at the same day (Europe and US before noon and Australia in the afternoon CET).
- We are in the same building like Success Factors and Cloud for Customers (which means zero latency!)
- All URLs in Australia are the similar to the ones in Europe & US with the important difference that there is an additional ‘ap1’ in the URL, https://account.ap1.hana.ondemand.com leads you to the Australia Landing Page.
- Like the US landscape the Australia landscape is only available to customers. The free-of-charge trial landscape remains exclusively in Europe.
While the benefits of a local data center should be easy to understand it may be interesting for you to read about the first-hand experience from one of our most active partners and community members. In his blog post, SAP Mentor Chris Paine, shares his first impression:
- The speed of light matters – Or how awesome is it to finally have an Australian SAP HANA Cloud Platform data centre!