I am explaining some of the pre-requisite authorizations to access SAP BW data.
To create Connection
In some scenarios developer can able to access the BW system using SSO (Single Sign On), but cannot able to create connection to access the BW system. getting the error message “Unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data” Because user doesn’t have the password for BW system.
So to create connection and access the BW data, developer must have the password. and while create connection using Authentication Mode: Single Sign On, need to loin the username has pattern <SID~client/SAP userid>,
- User Name: SID~client/SAP userid
- Password for the SID,
- Authentication as SAP.
To check the whether developer have BW system Password or not using the table USR02
Login to BW system -> Goto T.Code: SE16 -> and open the Table Name: USR02
Enter the BNAME : User ID and execute. if the column BCODE (password) is 00000000000000000000 then do not have a password, if BCODE (password) has some alphanumeric number then developer have password.
So before creating connection to access the data need to check USR02, if password is not there need to request to admin team to provide the password for BW system, otherwise you will get error message Unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data.
To access the BW data
To run the WebI reports against SAP BW system, end uses required below minimal set of authorizations in the SAP BW system.
- S_RFC (Authorization Check for RFC Access)
- S_RS_ADMWB (Data Warehousing Workbench – Objects)
- S_RS_AUTH (BI Analysis Authorizations in Role)
- S_RS_ICUBE (Data Warehousing Workbench – InfoCube)
- S_RS_IOBJ (Data Warehousing Workbench – InfoObject)
- S_RS_ISET (Data Warehousing Workbench – InfoSet)
- S_RS_MPRO (Data Warehousing Workbench – MultiProvider)
- S_RS_ODSO (Data Warehousing Workbench – DataStore Object)
We need to create roles with above authorization and assign to end users in Bw system.
Hope this help.