Objective: This blog will show steps required for upgrading MBO Runtime coming with SMP 3.0 SP03 from SMP 2.x installed on your machine.
Pre-requisite: Make sure you have below system configuration details:
- RAM Size: 4 GB (minimum)
- Disk Space for Installation – 2 GB
- OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition (64-bit)
Note: If you have already installed SMP 2.x on 32 bit machine and you are planning to upgrade to SAP MBO Runtime 3.0, then you might face hardware compatibility issue.
- You must have downloaded SMP3SP03-MBORuntime-Installer.zip file from service marketplace and run the setup.exe file available in unzip folder. Click Next.
Here you will notice that this current installer has automatically detected previously installed SMP 2.x runtime as per shown path. Click Next
Here you will come to know that Data Tier and SAP Mobile Server components will be upgraded to SAP Mobile Runtime 3.0
4. Make sure to set the password as “sql” (default password)
5. Pass default password as “s3pAdmin”
6. Make sure you click on “Upgrade” button for further process:
7. Here you can notice that Upgrade process has started from 2.3 to 3.0
8. finally, a success message.
You will see two new shortcut on your desktop screen like below:
How to verify if upgrade process has been done successfully?
- Go to SAP Runtime installation path C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers , Look for .UpgradeVersion file,
- Also, Open SAP Control center, Servers>Properties>version
Hope this blog will help you to understand the MBO Runtime upgrade process.