After SAP Lumira Server installation there are a variety of features such as publishing data from SAP lumira desktop to SAP Lumira server or enablement of the discovery service that need to be configured in order for SAP Lumira Server to take advantage of them. The configuration includes assigning the sap.bi.common::BI_TECH_USER role to a technical HANA user and configuring SQLCC connections. These steps are needed for backend processes. With the SAP Lumira Server 1.17 release we have improved the post-install configuration and the SAP Lumira Server Configuration application will help administrators to easily and fast set up these configurations.
The following features can be configured using the configuration tile
- Publishing – Allow users to publish stories from SAP Lumira to SAP Lumira Server.
- Extensions – Enable the consumption of third-party chart extensions.
- Self-service Analytics – Set the SQL connections betweenthe SAP HANA repository and SAP Lumira Server.
- Discover – Enable a job scheduler to automatically provisiondatasets as a background task, reducing the wait time when generating related visualizations
- Data Acquisition – Allow users to create datasets from CSV and XLSX files.
In this blog I will describe how to run the post-install configuration.
- You must use a SAP Lumira user assigned to the BI_CONFIGURATOR role, and a technical user assigned to BI_TECH_USER must exist.
- You must have access to SAP Fiori.
use this URL:
Replace <HOSTNAME> with the name of your SAP HANA server. Replace <INSTANCE> with the number of the SAP HANA instance that SAP Fiori is
- If you are working with SAP Fiori on ABAP you must configure the catalog before SAP Lumira can be added. Please see the “To configure the SAP Fiori catalog on an ABAP application server” section of the SAP Lumira Server Installation Guide
Adding the Configuration tile to SAP Fiori
The post-install configuration is done in SAP Fiori. You need to add the Configuration tile to your SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Log on to SAP Fiori.
- Click the symbol at the upper-left corner of the SAP Fiori launchpad, and click Open Catalog to open the Tile Catalog.
- Open the SAP Lumira Administration catalog
- The SAP Lumira Administration catalog contains two tiles
- Manag Extensions: allows you to add, remove and update extension to SAP Lumira Server. For more information see SAP Lumira Server: Managing extensions
- Configuration: enables you to quickly perform post-install configurations for SAP Lumira Server.
- Drag and drop the Configuration tile in to the Administration group (or any other group) or alternatively check the + sign under the tiles, which will also add it to the My Home group.
- Use the back button to navigate back to the homepage
- You can now see the tile on the homepage
Initial SAP Lumira Server Configuration
- Open the Configuration application from your SAP Fiori launchpad
- As SAP Lumira Server has just been installed none of the features are configured. You have the option to configure all features with the same technical user or choose a different technical user for each feature. It is recommended to use the same user. Clicking on Learn More will show details about what configuration will be performed.
- Enter SAP_BI_TECH_USER into the tech box and press the “Run Configuration” button that is now enabled.
- The configuration is now running. Once completed press the OK button
- The SAP_BI_TECH_USER has been configured with the appropriate roles. It is possible to edit the configuration by pressing the Edit button
All needed rights have been configured. This application can also be used to confirm configuration in case of an issue. If someone for some reason removed the needed user or some rights in HANA Studio, then the configuration application will indicate that it is not completely configured. If you are running into issues, you may check this configuration application first to see whether rights and role-wise everything is set up.