SAP Lumira desktop lets you create stories that contain third-party visualization extensions. Lumira stories containing custom extensions can be published from SAP Lumira desktop to SAP Lumira Server, however they can only be viewed on the server when they have been “approved” and added to the server by the administrator. The Extension Management application helps administrators to add extension to SAP Lumira Server, to update them or delete them.
Extension management can be done in the SAP Fiori launchpad and before you can add a chart extension, you must add the Manage Lumira Extensions tile to SAP Fiori.
In this blog I will focus on how to manage the extensions on SAP Lumira Server. For information about how to create extensions, see the SAP Lumira SDK Getting Started Guide.
To add the Manage Lumira Extensions tile to SAP Fiori
- You must use a SAP Lumira user assigned to sap.bi.admin::BI_ADMIN role to see and add the extension management tile. The assumption here is that an administered will manage all extension for SAP Lumira Server not the end user itself.
- You must have access to SAP Fiori
- use this URL:
Replace <HOSTNAME> with the name of your SAP HANA server. Replace <INSTANCE> with the number of the SAP HANA instance that SAP Fiori is deployed on.
- On an ABAP-based SAP system, use this URL:
Replace <HOSTNAME> with the name of your ABAP front-end server. Replace <PORT> with the SAP NetWeaver Gateway port number
- use this URL:
- If you are working with SAP Fiori on ABAP you must configure the catalog before SAP Lumira can be added. Please see the “To configure the SAP Fiori catalog on an ABAP application server” section of the SAP Lumira Server Installation Guide
- The Extension feature rights need to be configured. This can be done via the Configuration application. See Simplified SAP Lumira Server Feature Configuration
Adding the Manage Lumira Extensions tile to SAP Fiori
The management of the chart extensions is done in SAP Fiori. Before you can add extensions, you need to add the extension management tile to
your SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Log on to SAP Fiori.
- Click the symbol at the upper-left corner of the SAP Fiori launchpad, and click Open Catalog to open the Tile Catalog.
- Open the SAP Lumira Administration catalog
- The SAP Lumira Administration catalog contains two tiles.
- Manage Extensions: allows you to add, remove and update extension to SAP Lumira Server
- Configuration: enables you to quickly perform post-install configurations for SAP Lumira Server. For more information see Simplified SAP Lumira Server Feature Configuration
- Drag and drop the Manage Lumira Extensions tile in to the Administration group (or any other group) or alternatively check the + sign under the tiles, which will also add it to the My Home group.
- Use the back button to navigate back to the homepage
- You can now see the tile on the homepage
Adding an Extension to SAP Lumira Server
- Open the Manage Extensions application from your SAP Fiori Launchpad
- There are currently no extensions added. To add an extension press the + button
- In the upload dialog press the “Browse” button and select your extension.
- Once an extension is selected a dialog will show information about the extension. Press OK
- Repeat these steps with other extensions. All added extension are now shown in the user interface
You can also sort, search and filter the extensions. You can also update an extension if there is a new version. An extension can also easily be removed by pressing the Delete button.