SAP Fiori Lessons Learned 17.
SAP Fiori launchpad configuration steps
There are several posts “I got this error” or “I do not see any tile in launchpad” on SCN. Consultants have no idea how to troubleshoot.
Most of root causes were basic error like installation was incorrect , mandatory notes were missing and launchpad was not configured.
Check everything from basics. Consultants should know how to troubleshoot.
Step 1. Installation and Notes
- Install UI add-on SP10. SAPUI5 library is 1.24.*.
- Apply mandatory notes. Please go through each note description. Some notes are information note and point other notes.
- Install Fiori apps UI components.
- Find out UI component name from SAP Fiori Apps – SAP Library
Example: Approve Purchase Order. It says UI component is UIX01EAP.
- Apply app mandatory notes. See above screenshot from help.sap.com.
Step 2. Configure launchpad.
- Maintaining SAP NetWeaver Gateway OData Services – User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver – SAP Library
- SICF Services – User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver – SAP Library
- Configuring Authorization Roles – User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver – SAP Library
Step 3. Find the roles from App Catalog
- SAP Fiori Apps – SAP Library
- App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders – SAP Fiori Apps – SAP Library
- Group role is Business Role -> SAP_MM_BCR_Buyer_X1
- Catalog role is Technical Role -> SAP_MM_TCR_T_X1
Step 4. Assign the roles to users
- If you can not find the Group/Catalog roles on Gateway server, it means you have not installed Fiori app UI components. Go back step 1.
- Fiori transactional apps quick reference – 5th release July 2014
Step 5. Test and troubleshoot
- SAP Fiori – SAP Fiori launchpad troubleshooting
- SAP Fiori LL11 – Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting