As you may have noticed already, SAP HANA Cloud Portal is delivered with a set of out-of-the-box page templates that enable the site author to unify the look-and-feel across the site pages by reusing the same page elements and layout. The page template contains the following parts: content area, header, footer and side panels.
An author can assign different page templates for use in different pages of the site. With the new page template editing capabilities it is now possible to customize a page template and save the modified template to be used in the site.
How can I change a page template?
- Open the Design Settings in the side panel menu
- Click on the Page Templates button
- Select the relevant page template and click edit
What changes can be applied to page templates?
- Resize containers such as header, footer and side panels
- Add and remove widgets within the containers
- Rearrange, resize and configure widgets (e.g. bring to front/ back)
When you exit page template editing mode, the updated template is automatically saved. The changes affect the layout of any pages using that page template.
To complete the overall experience we’ve included additional customization options to the site navigation menu. The site author can now select the desired navigation menu from the content catalog (out-of-the-box widgets) and configure the following options:
- Navigate to site pages
- Navigate to external web URL
- Navigate to a predefined sub-page
- Create muti-level page hierarchy
In the example below, the header was expanded to accommodate the SAP logo, page title and a background image. The social icons were removed from the footer and were added to the right panel. A vertical menu was added to the left panel to enable navigation between the site pages.
You can already experience these great features today in your trial.