The following five steps show how to place an SE78 graphic on an Adobe Form.
In this example, we will add an existing color logo named Z_LOGO to an existing Adobe form,
ZRUOTC_SERVSTAR_PDF. First, make sure the logo exists in SE78 as a bitmap image and that
the Adobe form and interface exist as well.
(1) Go to transaction SE78 and ascertain Z_LOGO exists by following this path:
Form Graphics->Stored on Document Server->GRAPHICS General Graphics->BMAP Bitmap Images.
Do a print preview to see the graphic.
(2) Go to transaction SFP. Select the Interface radio button and click the Change icon.
Under the Global Definitions folder double click into Global Data and add these fields.
Variable name Type Assignment Type Name Default Value
V_FIELD TYPE XSTRING
V_BTYPE TYPE TDBTYPE ‘BCOL’
V_ID TYPE TDIDGR ‘BMAP’
V_OBJECT TYPE TDOBJECTGR ‘GRAPHICS’
V_NAME TYPE STXBITMAPS-TDNAME ‘Z_LOGO’
G_LOGO TYPE XSTRING
Do a syntax check.
(3) Under the Initialization folder, double click into the Code Initialization area.
Create the following logic.
* Call method get_bds_graphic_as_bmp to retrieve z_logo. Note that v_field and g_logo
* MUST be typed as XSTRING NOT string or the conversion of the form from SE78 will
* not work and the logo will NOT display on the Adobe form. On the layout tab of the
* Adobe form, bind z_logo to the graphics node created here in the Interface, NOT
* directly to g_logo. Adobe sees g_logo as a text field.
CALL METHOD cl_ssf_xsf_utilities=>get_bds_graphic_as_bmp
p_object = v_object ” ‘GRAPHICS’
p_name = v_name ” Name of the SE78 logo inside Quotes
p_id = v_id ” ‘BMAP’
p_btype = v_btype ” ‘BCOL’ for color, ‘BMON’ for Black & White
p_bmp = v_field ” v_field and g_logo must be typed xstring
not_found = 1
internal_error = 2
OTHERS = 3.
g_logo = v_field. ” g_logo and v_field must be typed xstring
Do a syntax check, save, and back out of the Interface.
(4) Select the Adobe Form radio button and click the Change Icon.
Go to the Context tab.
Expand the Global Data folder. You should see the 6 fields created in the Interface.
Under the Context bar on the upper right window, right click on the top folder.
Under the Global Data folder on the upper left window locate the G_LOGO field.
Drag and drop G_LOGO on top of your new Graphics Node.
Under Properties at the bottom right window, change the Graphic Type Value.
It defaults to ‘Graphic Reference’. Change it to ‘Graphic Content’.
Enter G_LOGO as the Graphic Content field.
Enter ‘IMAGE/BMP’ with the quotes as the MIME Type.
(5) Go to the Layout Tab of the Adobe form.
Expand the standard palette object library and choose an Image Field.
Under the Field tab make sure the URL field is blank because this is not a static logo.
Check the Embed Image Data box. However, it seems to work checked or unchecked.
Choose Scale Image Proportionately.
Under the Binding Tab, bind the image field to the Graphic Node, not to the G_LOGO field.
Do a syntax check on the interface and form. Save and activate.