This document provides a configuration steps to configure new movement types to post goods receipt to fixed storage bin.
Business requirement: Each time goods receipt is made against purchase order, we wish to move material directly to fixed storage bin in required storage type without creating transfer order or transfer requirement
- Create storage bin where the for all goods receiptagainst purchase order
2. Create special movement indicator in IMG, if you wish to move stock for specific material.This created special movement indicators will be assigned in warehouse management1 view.
Configuration path >
IMG > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Master Data > Material > Define Special Movement Indicators
Add mentioned special movement indicator in material master under warehouse management 1 view
Another business requirement could be post goods receipt to fixed bin irrespective of putaway strategy maintained in WM configurations for all goods
receipt against purchase order, in such case there is no need to maintain special movement indicator.
3. Create a new WM movement type to move materials directly into fixed storage bins without creating transfer orders or transfer requirements.
- Input Src (Source location) as 902, which is default SAP interim storage type for goods receipt. Check dynamic source bin indicator as bins will be created dynamically on receipt of goods.
- Enter the fixed Destination location (Storage type + Storage Bin) where you wish to store goods.
- Maintain screen for TO creation as ‘Preparation screen for placement into stock’ (Indicator 1)
- Select shipment type as stock placement E and requirement type as purchase order B
- Check Manual TO creation not allowed
- Maintain rest of parameters as per requirement
4. In the reference movement type table, create a new entry that links an appropriate IM Movement type to the new movement type using the special movement indicator. (Configure Special movement indicator if you wish to move specific materials to required destination bin).
IMG > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define Movement Types > LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management
We can add configuration of movement types for ‘Specific special movement type indicator’ for materials who has it in Material master data as per requirement.
5. Create reversal movement type for reversal of newly created movement type (Here it is 996 is created for reversal against 995)
In the reference movement type table, create a new entry for reversal movement type that links an appropriate IM Movement type to the new movement type 996 using the special movement indicator. (Configure Special movement indicator if you wish to move specific materials to required destination bin).
Now if you receive/reverse goods against PO using MIGO in SAP,The system posts/withdraws material directly to/from fixed destination bin without creating
any TR or TO