Wow, amazing how quickly the day passes at SAPPHIRE NOW! Once again the keynote hall filled up quick this morning and Harvard Business School’s Professor Clayton Christensen opened by introducing the innovator’s dilemma which led to quite a topic on disruptive innovation. This brought SAP’s Chairman of the Supervisory Board Hasso Plattner to the stage, who shared how disruption led to HANA. Clayton and Hasso were a great pair on stage and the conversation was sure engaging.
They keynote continued to grab attention as John Deere, ConAgra Foods and Colgate joined Hasso on the stage to share their HANA story. Following Hasso’s keynote was SAP’s CIO Bernd Leukert. Bernd discussed how HANA is unique and brought a good point- “Digitalization drives shift from products to service, every product will be enhanced by services.” With this, Bernd brought Colgate & Burberry to share their HANA experiences on stage.
In case you missed it, there were a few announcements made today:
- SAP HANA Delivers One Modern Platform for Business in the Cloud
- Accenture, HP and SAP Collaborate to Accelerate the Deployment of SAP HANA
- SAP Fosters Open Ecosystem for Driving Customer Innovation
Other than the keynote, there were many sessions where SAP customers had the opportunity to share their story. Check out some of them here:
The panel shown above was a discussion with customers about how they simplified all aspects of IT through SAP solutions. The panel included NBA’s Ken Degennaro, Pacific Drilling’s Yoram Borodaty and Unilever’s Thomas Benthien, hosted by SAP’s Irfan Khan.
There were plenty more customer sessions and I enjoyed hearing their experiences and there were also many sessions that I wish I could’ve attended! Although I couldn’t make it to all the sessions, I was able to get an idea of what was happening through Twitter. Here are some Twitter highlights:
- @derekpentenburg: It’s clear that the “old” @SAP is dead. The new SAP has the best #cloud offering, sexy UIs, and of course, HANA! #SAPPHIRENOW
- @bradsawchuk: @Porsche manages 80+ customer touch points. Real time and predictive marketing with @SAP HANA #SAPPHIRENOW http://t.co/NWicFS9CIc
- @pjtec: #SAPPHIRENOW @SAP drinking its own champagne by running all of its mission-critical systems on HANA. #EnSW
- @BobLeeds1: Ship shape #Hospitality with #SAPHANA #Analytics @SAPAnalytics @SAPTravel @SAPptehau http://t.co/qEj2dK2nnZ
- @BIScorecard: @jaynelandry shares BI Roadmap to packed room- good vision w fewer tools but unclear on how to migration #sapphirenow http://t.co/LsCdqcRuFL
- @tpowlas: Like @JenniferBMorgan message of humility #ASUG2014 #SAPPHIRENOW panel
- @rhirsch: HANA Cloud Integration can now be used standalone ( without other SAP products )http://t.co/AvadmNer4U #sapphirenow >> impt change
- @paulhamerman: #SAPPHIRENOW #SAP Simple Suite will be a natural evolution of Suite on HANA, says Bernd Leukert. HANA only, cloud only.
Aside from hearing from the customers, I hope you also had a chance to stop by the Platform and Technology Campus to hear from SAP experts. The Platform & Technology campus was filled with many sessions, engaging conversations, and is completely hard to miss with SAP HANA in the middle of it. If you haven’t had a chance to stop by, there is still one day left, lots more to see and plenty to talk about. See you all there tomorrow, starting with the final keynote!
Recap day 1 of SAPPHIRE NOW here: What Happened on Day 1 of #SAPPHIRENOW?
To view more photos, check out the Facebook album here: SAPPHIRE NOW Orlando 2014
Don’t forget to follow and catch me tweeting on @SAPInMemory.