NEW TRIAL – SAP CRM on SAP HANA
Hopefully some of you already tried our existing SAP ERP on SAP HANA or SAP BW on SAP HANA trial already and had a great experience using the software.
After we introduced the SAP ERP on SAP HANA Trial, I would like to introduce now the second trial we created : SAP CRM on SAP HANA.
So what is included ? Lets start with the technical part:
- SAP CRM 7.03 SP01 on SAP HANA
What else is there ?
- Out-of-the-box software for end-to-end Marketing and Sales business processes (blueprint phase no longer needed)
- CRM on HANA landscape with extended innovations, such as HANA live extensible with SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence
- Automatic deployment ready to consume of SAP CRM preconfigured best-practice business processes for sales and marketing
- Account and Contact Management
- Campaign and Lead Management
- Opportunity Management
- Interactive Reporting
So how can you get access ?
- You will need a Amazon AWS Account for this. So in case you do not have one yet – sign up here : http://aws.amazon.com
- You then navigate to the SAP CRM on SAP HANA Trial page in SAP HANA Marketplace : http://try.saphana.com/crm
- You order your systems and follow the steps – which you can also see in the “Getting Started Guide for SAP CRM on SAP HANA Trial”.
- Enjoy the system.
- Leverage the great Demo material that the team prepared to show the functionality :
So how much will the system cost me ?
- The software comes for free as a 30 day trial
- You will have to pay for the Amazon EC2 infrastructure, which is around 1 USD per hour when the system is running. Remember that you have control when the system is running and when not.
Here some additional resources:
Ingo (and team) - Thanks for all the Trials (including this one). They are really useful and I am really happy to see SAP making a big push toward getting its software out there into peoples hands to evaluate.
Terrific! Something I've been waiting for.
Is there a way to hold on to the trail instance for a longer period of time by paying up?
I would love to get access to a server and a connected development/config. environment (with SAP GUI and NWDS installed) that I use personally to learn myself and demo to prospective clients. Is that something planned in the future?
There is the option to use a system longer, assuming you have the valid license.
In such scenario you can use the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (SAP CAL) based on a subscription fee and you would be able to leverage all the available systems.
You can find more details here:
The curtain is (face)lifted - SAP Cloud Appliance Library 2.0
What is this CAL subscription fee about?
Ingo Hilgefort, SAP
Thanks for getting back. I will explore the options you've highlighted. I do not have access to a license so will have to explore how to get one.
If you or someone from the CAL initiative team can find time to list the steps on SCN or on CAL website to install and then finally own the (dev/demo not prod.) system that would be great. I know some of the answers should already be there I don't think there is a single point of reference.
Again, lovely initiative - CAL.
I am new in this things and i already deploy de trial version of CRM with Hana, but I can activate the trial license the product does anyone know where i can do it?
Thanks in advance
the trial comes with a 30 day license.