SAP Mobile Platform 3 tutorial using Integration Gateway – Part 2
Update: SAP’s recommended tool to develop SAPUI5 apps is using SAP Web IDE. So I would suggest you to start with Web IDE instead of Appbuilder. More info: SAP Web IDE – Enablement
Create a new project in Appbuilder
I am developing a hybrid app using the SAP Appbuilder and deploying it to SMP server (It uses the application created in part 1). Appbuilder helps me to do this with zero coding. Setup SAP Appbuilder in your system.
1. Open Appbuilder and click on “New” button and provide the details as given below and click on “Confirm“.
2. Click on Help> SMP Settings and provide the following settings. You can find your IP using Google. The credentials provided is backend credentials. Click on “Confirm” to create a new profile.
3. Perform the on-boarding of the Appbuilder by clicking on the pencil icon in SMP Services panel in left side. Choose the SMP profile we defined and click on “Retrieve” button. Click on “Confirm” button after getting the success message as given below.
Populating data using a SuperList
1. Select “Designer“> New SuperList. In the new dailog window leave all fields as by default and click on “Confirm“.
2. Click on dataStructure button on right side to select data source.
3. Click on “…” button and select “CUSTOMER” and click on “Confirm“. CUSTOMER is the name of the table created in HSQDB as mentioned in How to use Integration Gateway with SMP 3.0.
4. Enter “ID” inside Navigation Parameters textbox and click on “Confirm“.
5. Locate “Label” in Toolbox> Drag and drop 2 labels to phone screen. Select first label and change it’s properties> click on button on right side> delete content inside “Express Definition” textbox> double click on “ID“> Confirm. For the second label select FIRST_NAME.
6. Save the project and click on “Return” button. From toolbox drag and drop Superlist to phone screen and set the style as given below:
7. Click on metadataFile button on the right side> Select Superlist file created and click on “Confirm“. You will get a list on the phone screen now. Click on “Run” button to see the app running in a simulator. We have called Odata service to get the data from HSQDB backend.
Steps to deploy the app to SMP server is explained here, Deploy Kapsel in SMP server. Once the project is deployed> import the project to Android Developer Tools (Eclipse IDE) and run the app.