SAP LANDSCAPE TRANSFORMATION REPLICATION:
- SAP LT is trigger based ,Real time replication method.
- SAP LT replication server for SAP HANA leverage on proven SLO(System Landscape Optiomization) technology.SAP LT replication server is the ideal solution for all HANA customer who need real-time or schedule based replication sourcing from SAP and NON-SAP sources.
- SLT replication server can be installed as stand alone server or can run on any SAP system with SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Stack(Kernel 7.02EXT) .
- Add-on DMIS_2010_1_700 with SP5-7, NW 7.02; SAP Kernel 7.20EXT need to be installed for SLT replication to apply SPS04 for SAP HANA 1.0.
- SLT replication system is connected with Source SAP ECC system by RFC(Remote Function call) connection and with target HANA system by DB Connection.In case of NON-SAP source system SLT connect with DB connection.
- SAP source system contains Application tables,logging tables,triggers and read module.SLT server contains Control Module(Structure mapping & Transformation) and Writer module.In case of Non-SAP source system, Read Module resides in SLT System.
- When replication start,logging table and trigger created in source system and data gets replicated to target system via SLT replication server and any changes in source system gets automatically replicated to target system.
Configuration steps for SAP LT Replication Server
- Define a schema for each source system
- Define connection to source system
- Define DB connection into SAP HANA
- Define replication frequency (real-time; frequency for scheduled replication)
- Define maximum number of background jobs for data replication
STEP 1: Open Configuration and Monitoring Dashboard by using transaction code “LTR”. Click on New button to start SLT configuration.
STEP 2: Provide name of SLT configuration. Please note that a schema will be created with the same name in HANA after the completion of configuration settings.
STEP 3: Specify source system details. If the source system in SAP (ECC) then select RFC Connection. Select DB Connection for Non-SAP Source system.
STEP 4: Specify target system details. The target HANA system is connected through DB Connection. Provide HANA system connection parameters. Administrator user privilege required.
When the popup to create a new configuration is closed by pressing the OK button, the following actions are performed automatically:
- Configuration settings are saved on the LT Replication Server
- New user and schema are created on the HANA system with the defined target schema name (not performed if an existing schema is reused).
- Replication control tables (RS_* tables) are created in target schema.
RS_LOG_FILES, RS_MESSAGES, RS_ORDER, RS_ORDER_EXT, RS_SCHEMA_MAP, RS_STATUS
- User roles for the target schema are created:
- <target_schema>_DATA_PROV -> Role to manage data provisioning
- <target_schema>_POWER_USER -> Contains all SQL privileges of the target schema
- <target_schema>_USER_ADMIN -> Role to execute authority
- A procedure to grant (RS_GRANT_ACCESS) or revoke (RS_REVOKE_ACCESS) are created in the target schema
- Replication of tables DD02L (stores the table list), DD02T (stores the table short descriptions) and DD08L (R/3 DD: relationship definitions) is started automatically. Once those tables are replicated, the HANA studio knows which tables are available in the source system.
- SYS_REPL and table RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS are created (If they don’t exist already based on a previous configuration)
- Replication is registered in table RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS
SAP LT REPLICATION OPTIONS:
Use LTRC transaction code to open LT replication Server Cockpit.We can use SLT options from SLT replication server as well as from HANA data provisioning.Select table and replication option from LT Replication server to start/replicate/stop/suspend/resume replication.
HANA data provisioning option can be seen in Quick launch view.
Select table to start replication.