SAP CRM MAIL FORMS SIMPLIFIED
Author: Prasun Roy Chowdhury
What is a Mail Form and what is it used for ?
We use personalized mail to send tailored marketing information to target groups or to lists of marketing prospects.
SAP has provided a tool to create personalized mail called Mail Forms.
You can use a mail form to send the following:
- Internet mail
- Short message service (SMS)
- create lists of business partners (from specified target groups) and their attribute values at the time that the list is created.
Steps to create a Mail Form are as follows :
- Login to SAP CRM Web UI with MARKETINGPRO
2. choose ‘Marketing – > Mail Forms
4. Fill the General Data section
Enter Mail Form ID, Description, Language, Usage.
The attribute context for ERMS mail forms should always be ’Email Response Management’, otherwise the ERMS related attributes will not be
available for the mail form.
5. Enter the text that you want to display on the Email
Choose the file from your computer
7. To add a hyperlink to your email, we need to follow the below steps.
The link will be added to the mail form when you click Insert. Be sure to have your cursor positioned where you like to insert the hyperlink.
9. Adding attributes to your email
The attributes will be now visible in the e-mail text.
10. Enter the Sender and the Receiver email id
11. Add the Business partner number, the attributes data will be picked up from the master data of this business partner
12. Send the email. In Tcode SOST, you can check the email that’s been send.
Click the button to send the email to the customer i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Finally the email arrives in the Customer’s mail Inbox. Bingo!!!!
I hope this article will help all aspirants who want to learn SAP CRM Mail Forms.
More scenarios on Mail Forms in my next document. Keep following !!!
Prasun Roy Chowdhury