Develop Hybrid and Native Mobile apps using SMP 3 and Sencha Touch & Cordova
|Part – 1||Part – 2||Part – 3|
|Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
SAP Has recently released its updated version of SAP Mobile Platform SMP 3, With this release SAP has done tremendous updates when compare with their old release 2.2, and SMP 3 even has it’s support for MBO based runtime, while it has lots of new features added.
This Session, covers how to consume the NW Gateway Demo system OData services, using SMP and build HTML5 Application using Sencha Touch with Advanced themes.
I’ve taken Sales Data example to cover during this app build process, and will show how to get the Sales orders, Sales Order Item details, and Products and Revenue. And we’ll cover 3D Graphics using Sencha Touch GPL Version graphs. to learn more about Sencha Touch visit http://sencha.com
Curious about What we are about to build, here is the demo video in youtube or click here to see this Demo live in Action
With this working session, we will cover the following topics
- Create Hybrid and Native Applications in SMP 3, (I’ve used SMP Cloud version hosted on Cloud Share, you can get your copy here )
- Configure SMP App to communicate with Back-end System (I’ve used NW Demo system, you can get your copy here)
- Register device in SMP – Click Here
- Test your app using Google Chrome to get the listed services – Click Here
- Develop Front-end using Sencha Touch
- Compile Sencha App into Native apps using Cordova / PhoneGAP.
- Test your App in Physical Device
1. Creating Hybrid / Native Application in SMP
Login to your SMP 3 Admin UI, and create the application
you can use your own namespace for ID.
Then go to Back End Tab
Here is the End point for SAP NW Demo System (https://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCD204_EPM_DEMO_SRV/)
And now Click on New in Back-end-connections
enter the following information
Click Save and you should see the following
Now Switch over to Overview Section, and you will see your newly create application details on the left hand side panel. And make sure you app is Consistent.
2. Configure/Verify SMP App to communicate with Back-end System
Now let’s do the ping test for your app, to make sure it’s talking to Back end system
Now you are done with creating of your Hybrid app in SMP 3.
We will continue the Device Registration, Test the App, Application Monitoring here
We will continue Sencha Touch Coding and Cordova Native wrapper in next post.
[Removed by Moderator]
Dear Pavan Kothapalli
thanks for your great work,
actually am facing a problem when adding backend system, as i could understood from searching that i should add a certificate to smp keystore, please advice.
Look for "(E). Importing ES1 HTTPS certificate into SMP server keystore" in this blog.
For any further queries, please create a new thread.
thanks Jitendra, the blog was very helpful .. I used keystore browser software to import the certificate, Thanks again 🙂