The new SAP Jam developer community
If you’re a partner or developer and you’ve wanted to customize SAP Jam or build integrations for your own customers, now you can.
For the May 2014 release of SAP Jam, we’ve created a new OData-based API that allows you to create innovations that support the company, departmental, or industry-specific needs that matter to your clients. They’ll be able to get social collaboration right where they work – including customized work patterns and in-context business data.
To support you and ensure your success, we’ve also created an SAP Jam developer community, where you’ll find the tools and documentation you need. Along with API reference documentation and sample code to help you get started, you’ll also get access to a special developer sandbox where you can create and test your new work patterns and integrations – and even submit support tickets for any bugs you find. You’ll also get access to a community of developers – and the SAP Jam team – and be able to provide feedback for future additions to our API.
For more information about the developer community, visit the SAP Jam developer community page.
The new SAP Jam OData API
In creating the API, we’ve considered requests we’ve received and also spoken to leading partners to ask what they need to do to address the needs of their customers. Taking that feedback into consideration, we’ve built the API to offer the following functionality.
- Group manipulation
- Create groups, read groups, update groups and delete groups
- Copy groups
- Group membership
- Manipulate group membership (by adding or removing members), group admin data, or the group picture
- Group content
- Create, read, update, and delete group content like wikis and blogs
- Create, read, update, and delete forums, questions, discussions, and ideas
- Add or feature complex business objects to a group
- Get notifications and accept or dismiss them
We also provide REST endpoints to:
- Create, read, update, delete kudos
- Trigger and get usage reports
- Create and delete bookmarks
- Search SAP Jam
For more information about the OData API, visit the SAP Jam developer community page.