Extensibility of Search Results and Filter in SRM UI Addon 1.0
This blog post details about extending the fields of Search Results of the Cross Catalog search of SRM UI Addon for Shopping Cart. For those who are not aware of the Shopping Cart UI Addon, I would suggest you to have a look here. The UI looks really cool and the addon provides multitude of functionalities including the cross catalog search option which helps the user to search across multiple catalogs.
Extensibility of Search Results:
The standard Search results contain the following details:
- Product image
- Product short description
- Average user rating
- Internal catalog name
- Manufacturer part number
This looks something like this in the UI: (This item is for representational purpose only)
If the customer wishes to add more fields here, this can be done easily using the Extensibility concept available for the addon. (More information regarding extensibility can be found here). To achieve this the customer must implement note 1962526 ( if in SP04 or below). We would now discuss the steps which the customer can follow in order to add extra fields in a series of snapshots.
1) Launch spro transaction and move to the following node: SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SAP SRM User Interface Add-on > Extensions and Field Controls > Configure Extension and Field Controls.
2) In this node, you would be able to see the following view if the manual instructions in the note 1962526 were followed.
3) By selecting the view and clicking on “Field Definition”, we would be able to see the custom fields which we have added to search results. This list is empty in the following image as we have not configured any custom field yet.
4) To add a custom field, select “New Entries” from the toolbar. This would open up the following view and we can enter a new field here. I have given a name ‘zfield’. As we can see, native support for extensibility is given to the following four controls in the dropdown.
5) Once control type is selected, we could select a binding element from the model. ( This model can also be enhanced with customer fields by using the addon extensibility support for OData models).
6) After the binding elements are selected, we must give an OTR field for Label and tooltip. This example uses an OTR named /ZOTR/MANUFACT_CODE which represents the text “Manufacturer Code”.
7) Once the changes are saved, cache is cleared and application is relaunched, the user can see the new field in the UI.
Extensibility of Search Filter:
The search results of the cross catalog search are associated with a dynamic and responsive filter, which the user can use to narrow down the search results based on the filter criteria. The standard filter criteria which are available are the following:
- Price Range
[ Edit: In addition to the above mentioned notes, note 2077528 might be required for search extensibility to work if the customer is on SP04 or SP05, please refer to the note for more details ]
Feel free to reach out with your feedback and queries.