Number Formatting in Web Intelligence Reports as per Indian Standards
This document will provide an idea of how we can achieve Number formatting as per Indian standards.Using this document you can make your webi document locale to format the data in Reports
When viewing the numeric data in report the values will be formatted in webi Reports as 1,233,450,000.00$ as per US Standards.But normally the format used in India for viewing the Key figures(KPI’s) will be like 1,23,34,50,000.00.The comma separation will be different
This document is helpfull for BO Developers who
- Completed development of all reports wants to reflect the changes irrespective of users logged into System
- Reports with Indian formatting standard only
- If you have used custom formats(Indian formats) in all reports which you have developed
If you haven’t used custom formatting in your reports,you can acheive the formatting using universe itself(by creating Display format) in Business Layer.
Steps to Achieve
To achieve number formatting, use the below steps in Web Intelligence reports.
1. Create a Web Intelligence report and click on cells where you need to create number format
2. Use the below format while creating custom number format.
##,##,###.00 for + Values
(##,##,###.00) for – Values
0.00 for Zero
3. In the Properties Tab Click on Application. You can able to see the below screen (user preferences).then click on locale and change the Previewing Locale to “Tamil(India)”.
4. For the above setting to reflect you need to Save & Close the report and open the report again
Note: Don’t change the setting to Hindi (India), then all the numeric values will be in Hindi
5. After opening the Form again .Go to Properties Tab Click on Application. You can able to see the below screen(user preferences).then click on locale and change the setting for When viewing a document to document locale to format data.
6. When you do the above step, irrespective of the user setting in BO. The Reports viewed by any users can be able to see the Formatting respect to Indian Standards.
7. Next step is to make Webi document as Permanent formatting
8. Go to properties tab and click document and check the permanent regional formatting
9. Purge and save the document always.
10. See the below image for reference the format has been reflected.
Repeat the above mentioned steps to make the Webi document formatted.