|Part 1||Part 2
Update: SAP’s recommended tool to develop SAPUI5 app is using SAP Web IDE. So I would suggest you to start with Web IDE instead of Appbuilder. More info: SAP Web IDE – Enablement
Today I have registered for SMP 3 trial available from SAP via SCN. So I spend few hours in developing a simple hybrid app. To make my life easy I used SAP Appbuilder also to develop my first hybrid app, Appbuilder helped me to design screens quickly with drag and drop feature. It also helped to deploy the UI5 app to devices via SMP 3 with a cordova container and SAP Kapsel plugins. For those who want to try the solution I am explaining the steps here.
Register for SMP 3 Trial, Registration – CloudShare Pro
Register for NWGW trial, http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/netweaver-gateway
Install Cordova in your system (version 3.1.0-0.2.0), Apache Cordova
Install SAP Appbuilder, SAP Development Tools for Eclipse
Install Android SDK, Android SDK | Android Developers
Configuring a Kapsel Application in SMP 3
1. Login to SMP cockpit in SMP 3 trial system > Click on “Applications” tab> click “New”.
2. In the new dialog window give the below details and click “Save” button. This will open a new dialog.
3. Under the tab “Back End” provide the end point url as http://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com:8080/sap/opu/odata/iwbep/gwdemo/ and leave the remaining field as by default.
4. Click on the tab “Authentication” and create a new profile with name “HTTP” (in the image it shows HTTP under existing profile since I created a profile earlier). Click on “New” button and select HTTP/HTTPS Authentication and click on “Create“, it opens a new dialog. Provide only control flag and url as given below and leave the other fields as by default. URL is http://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com:8080/sap/opu/odata/iwbep/gwdemo/
5. Click on the “Save” button.
6. Finally to test the backend connection, select the app connection and then click on “Ping“. The response will be a successful message as given below.