As you all know removing a managed system from Solution Manager can be a tedious time consuming process. With SP11, SAP has provided a guided procedure for removing (decommissioning) a system from Solution Manager 7.1. The steps below show you how to access the guided procedure and high level preview of the steps provided.
SAP also added steps for decommissioning in the latest Solution Manager 7.1 SP11 Operations guide. You will need access to the SAP support Portal to access the document. Here is the link to the guide and a screen shot of the location: https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000631992012E.PDF
1. You need the following composite role to run guided procedures
a. IT Operator composite role = SAP_TASK_INBOX_ALL_COMP
2. Enter Transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER in SAPGUI
3. Select Technical administration Workcenter
- Select Guided Procedure Management
- Select the Managed System
- Select the Guided Procedure browser drop down
- Select either Start new window or Start Embedded
4. Select the Decommissioning Procedure and select Execute
5. Select Edit
6. Before continuing to the next step you must understand that by decommissioning the system you will lose data on the managed system. Keep in mind all of the steps may not be required.
7. Set the execution status to performed and select next to move on to step 2.
8. Step 2 – Application Clean-up has 2 automatic steps and a number of manual steps.
a. Automatic activities are completed by selecting execute all
- Remove Technical Monitoring Templates via SOLMAN_SETUP
- Delete Session data, Reports, Early Watch Reports, DVM, Service Level Reporting with report “RDSMOPREDUCEDATA”
b. Complete the manual activities by reading the Documentation for each step and the selecting Start Webdynpro to navigate to the location where the steps need to be completed.
c. The manual activities are all about removing the scheduled jobs and monitoring that is configured in Solution manager.
d. When all manual activities are complete set the Execution Status to Performed and select next to move on to the next step.
9. Step 3 – Cross Application Clean-Up
a. This step has you delete the Extractors, RFC’s, Transport Routes, and uninstalling the Diagnostic agent from the managed system.
b. This step and the following steps have all Manual Activities. Read the documentation and complete as needed.
10. Step 4 – Planning Projects and Solutions Clean-up
a. These manual activities are removing Solutions and deleting logical components from the LMDB and SMSY.
11. Step 5 – Software Life Cycle Management Clean-up
a. This step has you remove more product systems and system data from solution manager.
12. Step 6 – Landscape Management Clean-up
a. This step has you remove the remaining system data from LMDB and the SLD.
13. The final step is just an overview displaying the status of the other steps.
14. That is it, once complete all data on the managed system is completely removed from Solution Manager.