Business Function: HCM_607_PAOMP1_M
Basically mass hiring it will happening through BDC/LSMW but now EHP7 on wards it will happen though web base. Now EHP7 Mass Processing for Personnel and Organization is available. With this business function, you can enable HR professionals to process the data of multiple candidates using the Mass Hiring Web application.
- Integration of the Mass Hiring Web application into the landing page
- Appealing and intuitive Web user interface, which offers a central workspace for an HR professional to manage data of multiple candidates when hiring employees.
With the Excel-like Web UI, an HR professional can complete the whole maintenance process for candidates by carrying out the following:
– Download an empty excel template for mass hiring – an HR professional can forward the downloaded Excel template to a third party, for example, an external job agency, to maintain candidates’ data. The empty excel then can be forwarded to the third party, for example, the external job agencies, for data maintenance of candidates. The structure and layout of the Excel template can be customized using the Design Time tool, for example, to include value help and remarks, and to set important fields as leading fields.
– Import an Excel sheet with records of multiple new hires from a local PC into the application – an HR professional can choose to import all candidates or the selected rows of candidates in the Excel sheet. The application supports delta data handling to import revised data to the new UI.
– Export the candidates into an Excel sheet stored on local PC; they can also export only rows with errors for offline correction.
– Handle errors – there are aggregated error messages and detailed messages on the UI, with the latter directly navigating to the cells with errors. The error messages are exported in a separate worksheet in an Excel file, when an HR professional exports the error entries into an offline Excel file.
– Save drafts – an HR professional may leave the task by saving the current workspace as a draft, and then access the drafts from the “Tasks” lane in the landing page.
– Mass edit, mass validate, and mass submit candidates’ data.
To edit: select rows with identical values, find and replace values in one step, or copy values from a row to other rows.
To validate: the system checks the quality of candidate data before it is finally submitted to the database. Both synchronous and asynchronous validation processes are available and can be conducted in parallel to save time, if the function is enabled in the Design Time tool.
To submit: submit all candidates with qualified data into the database in one step. The candidates with unqualified data remain in the workspace for an HR
Professional to correct and then re-submit them.
- Automatic duplication check during importing and validations – the system can automatically identify duplicate candidates, so as to avoid repetitive and invalid records.
- Rehire detection – the potential rehires can be detected during validation. An HR professional can check and decide whether to reuse an existing personnel number for rehires, or to create a new one for new hires. You can define the rule during Customizing.
- Automatic creation of personnel numbers for all new hires after final step of data submission – after submission of the candidate data, personnel numbers are generated automatically, so that an HR professional can focus on their business tasks.