As of EA-HRGXX 607 SP00, the business function HCM, ESS on Web Dynpro ABAP 3 is available. This business function adds new features to the business function, HCM, ESS on Web Dynpro ABAP 2 (HCM_ESS_WDA_2) and offers the following:
- New, alternative interface for managing employee time in the cross-application time sheet (CATS), which provides the following:
– Calendar-like user interface with improved appearance for recording time
– One-step creation of time recording entry that repeats on multiple days in the week
– Previous week’s time recording entry can be copied into the current week
– Cut, copy, paste, and undo functions are available for time recording entries
– Regularly-used time recording entries can be saved as Favorites and reused whenever similar time recording entries are made for another day
- New application to display an employee’s holiday calendar, which includes the following:
– Employee’s holiday calendar is shown by default
– Additional selection enables the display of other holiday calendars in the organization
– Holiday information can be emailed as an attachment in the ICS format, and can in turn be imported into any calendar application
- New application to display birthday and anniversaries information, which includes the following:
– Birthdays and anniversaries for an employee peer group
– Birthday and anniversary information can be emailed as an attachment in the ICS format, and can in turn be imported into any calendar application
– This application is available in SAP NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC) for HTML and on the SAP NetWeaver Portal role. In the SAP NetWeaver Portal role, the birthday and anniversary information is also displayed on the home page.
- The application displays the team calendar for an employee with a quick overview of other employee absences in the team.
You can use ESS (WDA) as a Portal agnostic role in SAP NWBC for HTML or as an SAP NetWeaver Portal role in the new Business Package Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1.50.
The ESS role contains services from different functional areas, including services from non-EA-HR systems. These services will work only if you have activated the required business functions for these services. The business function, HCM, ESS on Web Dynpro ABAP 2 (HCM_ESS_WDA_2) is a prerequisite if you want to have the full functional scope of the services shipped in the standard ESS Web Dynpro ABAP (WDA) role.