Today I had to debug a data load between 2LIS-Datasource for Billings and a DSO-based SPO. I executed the DTP in debug mode and I wondered why it didn’t stop in debug mode. It took me quite a while to find out the reasons. I want to give you some tips, what you should pay attention to.
- Identify the Records in PSA and note down billing document number.
- Identify target part DSO into which the identified billing documents should have been written to. In my case the SPO is partitioned by country. I had to find out into which part DSO the records will be written. The first billing documents were for Great Britain, others for Poland and some others for Germany. For the erroneous billing documents the Great Britain part DSO was the right one for me.
- Create a new DTP between datasource and target part DSO (e.g. DSO for Great Britain).
- Run a test load of this DTP to see how many data packages will be created and if data gets updated into identified part DSO
- If you have more then 200 data packages from your test load then you have to assign the correct data package number in DTP settings. In my case the erroneous data came in package number 314 and all other data packages were empty. I started DTP in debug mode, but DTP didn’t stop. The reason was that by default data package number in debug mode are restricted from 1 to 200. I deleted all the keys for data package number and entered number 314 only. Then I started debugging again and there was finally the debugger!
I hope this blog is helpfull for you and prevents you from running into the same problems debugging a DTP load into SPO as me.