Suppose we have an urgent requirement of presenting report
data with some modifications and the only way to do is by using an APD.
As we know we can perform quite functionalities in APD and
finally can save the data into Direct update DSO, Application server file etc.
Having done all our changes when we want to move our APD in
next target system but because of transport window not available we can’t do it
and we are told to wait for next day!!
APD gives us a unique flexibility unlike any other BI object
to deploy this into any system without collecting it in transport request and
We can export the APD from any system and import it any desired system.
Please find below steps for doing so:
- Select the APD you want to move in target syste -> from utilities menu -> Export it
- Save it as XML file at your system, give any file name
3. Now log in into your target system à go to RSANWB -> Right click and create Analysis process
You can see blank screen appears in right hand side.
4. Go to Utilities and Import -> select the file saved in second step.
5. Give technical name (Ideally same name as that of in Development system) and activate
1. It is required like any other BI object that all dependent objects are already present in target system. For ex: If you are
writing data in Direct update DSO then it is mandatory that DSO is already present in target system. Else APD will not get activate.
2. You can give any existing file location of target system and write data into it.