Working on NWBC was an interesting and Learning experience with exploration into unknown areas. Analogous to the UWL in the Portal we have a similar concept of worklist with POWL in the NWBC HTML. POWL gives lot of flexibility in terms of changing the layout and also gives options for the user to define his own queries and manage his Worklist, but then you might need to educate every user on how to create a query and not everyone is tech savvy and would want to learn on how to do it.
This particular requirement from the client to have different processes as different tabs switched on my research engine. First option of letting the user to configure thier own was ruled out, so we need to have a global setting which reflects at the role level for every user.
One thing to bear in mind is in case of HCM P&F where generic tasks are used for processing and approvals we cannot make a distinction based on tasks so the only option let with us to distinguish the processes is through task text.
So here are the simple few steps,
1. Find out the application ids, for the manager inbox the application id used is usually MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2, and for the HR Admin ASR_HRADMIN_INBOX.
2. As the second step you need to define a query ID. Use the transaction code powl_cockpit, and use standard POWL.
3. Click on maintain query, go into change mode and add a new entry.
4. Enter the query name, description and POWL type ID, use the same what the standard entry uses – MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_WI.
5. Now set the Query Parameters. Click on the query parameters and entry a query criteria, I have entered a pattern search based on the task text.
6. Once you have created the query, you need to register this query with the application. Select the application and click on register query.
7. Enter the Query ID, the Category as MANAGER_MSS_WORKFLOW_TASKS, and the sequence nos for the tab and category.
8. And now you are done.
Hope this helps some one, and thanks for reading.