Enhancement request process for SAP PowerDesigner, via ISUG (part 1)
The Independent SAP Technical User Group (ISUG-TECH) have re-opened the PowerDesigner enhancement forum, which allows you to submit and VOTE FOR enhancements to PowerDesigner. This is the place to submit them if you want your request to be visible, and you want to get other users to back you up. Once voting is closed, I’ll be responsible for bundling them up and passing them on to SAP.
Enhancement Requests can be raised at http://my.isug.com/p/is/ty/type=14. You can become a member for free, so basically anyone can raise and view enhancement requests, though you need to be a paid-up member to vote on requests. If you’re a member of a local SAP user group, you may already be a member of ISUG.
In this post, I’m going to outline the process for you, and I’ll follow up with a more detailed look at the information you need to supply for each new request.
Here’s a quick guide to raising an enhancement request.
- Join ISUG – see my.isug.com – log in to the web site
- Select ‘Enhancements’
- Read about the voting process
- scroll down, and select the PowerDesigner list
- Select an entry to read or vote on, or add your own enhancement
- Vote on the change
- If you want to clarify the reason for your vote, cross-reference an existing enhancement request, or say anything about the request, add a comment
This diagram summarises the enhancement process for you: