With Cloud deployment, you wanted to use the collaboration feature in the S&OP 3.0 and that is made possible only via integration to the SAP SuccessFactor (SF) Jam tool. Once the S&OP Administrator had created the application user within the S&OP, there are few additional steps that he/she has to perform in the SuccessFactor to complete the JAM user integration.
The steps will be described in this blog. One assumption is made here – you have already received the SF Company and Administrator User information from SAP.
1. Logon your SF cloud instance using the SF Administrator UserID.
2. On the SF administration top menu, select ‘Admin Tools’.
3. On the Admin Tools activity screen, go to ‘Manage Users’ section and select the ‘Employee Import’ link.
4. On the Import user page, you will see this statement “The Import Users page lets you add users by uploading (importing) an employees data file. If this is your first time, download the data import file template so you can see how its formatted. Please note that some imports may take up to a few minutes….“. Click on the highlighted ‘data import file template‘ link to save a copy of the CSV file format which described what is required for importing user data into the SF into your local computer.
5. If you are unsure what user data content is valid, you can also download the existing user information (e.g SF Administrator User information) via the ‘Manage Users‘ secton and select the ‘Employee Export‘. You can use the exported file for reference next on how to fill up the template file correctly. (Hint: the ‘EMAIL’ column is important since the email address will be used for the integration between S&OP and JAM).
6. After populating your template file with your S&OP application user information, you can repeat step 3 again. First, browse for your template file in your local computer. Next you need to select a default password format or leave the default as ‘Use the Username‘ radiobutton. Also it maybe useful to flag the ‘Send welcome email to new users‘ checkbox since each user will receive an email notification automatically once the SF user is created. (Hint: you can click on the ‘Validate Import File’ button to check on file content correction if error still occurred during the import).
7. You received a message on screen that user data has been imported. In the background, email notification is also performed as highlighted in step 6.
8. On the SF administration top menu, select ‘Admin Tools’ again.
9. On the Admin Tools activity screen, go to ‘Manage Security’ section and select the ‘Permission to Access JAM’ link.
10. On the Manage JAM access page, you can grant or revoke user access to the JAM. The option ‘Manage permissions through individual users‘ will be suitable if you are granting JAM access to selectively user only.
11. Logon your S&OP application using the S&OP Administrator UserID.
12. Select the ‘User Management‘, provide the email address that you have setup in step 5 for the respective S&OP user using the ‘Alternate E-Mail‘ screen field.
By completing all the mentioned steps here, the S&OP application user will be able to collaborate seamlessly within themselves using the JAM tool next… If you have a SF instance which is provisioned with the Role-Based Permissions, you can check out this new blog IBP Collaboration with SAP JAM via Role-Based Permissions (RBP).