“‘E-commerce’ is a dated concept, according to Hybris CEO Ariel Luedi. Instead we should think of all types of customer transactions simply as commerce. We should also stop handling digital transactions and conventional transactions with separate silos of technology. Start a transaction online and you can pick up a phone and complete it through a call center without having to start from scratch. That promotional price quoted in an email offer won’t be new news to the store clerk or call center service rep. And if you buy something online you’ll be able to return it at store without a problem.”
The above observation by InformationWeek sums up the strong use case of Hybris, SAP’s latest acquisition drives to provide customers a consistent, cross-channel customer experience. Hybris offers a new approach for the High Tech customer experience by providing a single homogenous omni-channel platform across TV, Consoles, Online, POS, Mobile, Call Center, Social and Print.
For the High Tech industry, Hybris essentially allows customers to:
- Support a wide range of complex business models and customer relationships via a single platform for both B2C and B2B services that provides flexibility to increase revenue from new business models
- Manage complex bundling and fulfillment requirements through an agile platform to reconfigure bundles quickly and manage complex fulfillment across channels and partners
- Better manage contract expirations and renewals, with timely, personalized communications to increase renewals
By consolidating and reading data from omni-channel touchpoints and front-ends like TV, Online, POS elements, Hybris serves as the platform providing omni-channel logic, order management and master data management. Data from these touchpoints can then be further forwarded and stored into a company’s enterprise ERP application, data warehouse, CRM system, and other Non-SAP systems including Cloud.
From the High Tech customer’s standpoint today, there is little or no visibility across all channels and little direct integration among different systems. This increases the complexity within an enterprise in providing a consistent service, or one-view of the customer. The lack of a unified view of the customer thus gives High Tech customers a difficulty in creating new products and upselling them across channels.
By providing complete visibility across all channels via a single platform through Hybris, High Tech customers can now:
- create a consistent brand experience
- effectively manage complex solution bundles
- and cross-sell more products, apps and services
Find out more