Fiori has been evolving since the day it was launched. What started from 25 + apps in wave 1 has now grown up to 220+Apps in wave 2.
While majority of folks are still trying to get on page with Wave 1 apps, with the introduction of wave 2 apps, it’s been a little confusing as to what has changed?
I have seen quite a many queries on SCN with respect to this. This blog intends to share very simple differences between wave 1 & wave 2.
What has changed?
- Well to start with wave 1 apps have concentrated on the transnational apps, set of 25 apps varying from manager apps, employee apps, shopping cart etc. Wave 2 app has brought in various analytics apps and fact sheet apps.
- If you are starting with your Fiori installation now, first thing to be noted is you should start with the latest UIX packages. The basic requirement for them is:
- The latest ERP 6.0 EhP7
- The latest CRM 7.0 EhP3
- The latest SRM 7.0 EhP3
You can get all the information about components: SAP Fiori – Add-on quick reference for transactional apps
Getting them you can take full advantage of the new Launchpad features.
When Fiori wave 1 apps were launched, they were accessed by launch page, But One major difference with Fiori wave 2 has been the introduction of Launchpad. Launchpad allows you to access both your wave 1 & wave 2 apps.
If you are using the latest UIX components you would have the Wave 1 apps readily available.
But if you are using the old UI components, and cannot upgrade to UIX, then follow below link to add wave 1 applications to you Launchpad.
To access Launchpad you can use:
You can get all information on Launchpad in below links by fellow SCN colleagues:
- As of SAP NetWeaver 7.40, the core software component for SAP NetWeaver Gateway is SAP_GWFND, which contains the composite functional scope of IW_FND, GW_CORE, IW_BEP, and IW_HDB.
What hasn’t changed?
- You still can access your wave 1 apps with Launchpad.
- The entire app specific configuration remains same for wave 1 apps, only addition would Launchpad specific configuration.
- No changes in Workflow configurations for wave 1 apps.
Please feel free to share your experiences, it would be good if we can add them here for everyone to share.