Over the time I have written several blogs about SAP Cloud for Customer topics. I have posted these on The Acorel Blog. To share the knowledge I thougt it would be a could idea to share these blogs in this community as well.
The blog posted here was written in September last year. As Cloud for Customer functionality is rapidly expanding and improving some of the information may already be outdated. This blog however gives you a good idea of the Retail Execution functionality in Cloud for Customer.
If you are interested in more Cloud for Customer blogs, please visit the Acorel Company Blog here, and read more about SAP Cloud for Customer and other SAP CRM related topics.
New in the August release
Creating a survey
- First of all when your Cloud for Customer Tenant is upgraded to 13.08 the new Workcenters needed for Retail Execution are not immediately available.
- Before you can add the specific Workcenters you have to extent the project scope of your implementation and include Visits, Activity Planner and Surveys in your project scope (see image below).
- Complete the steps and click on Finish.
- Next you can add the workcenters Activity Planner, Visits and Surveys to the business role you are using or assign them directly to the business user.
|Editing the project scope|
- When done go to the Surveys workcenter (as administrator) and create a new survey. Start by creating a new section after which you can add questions and answers. The type of questions could be single or multiple choice, an amount or quantity or just plain text. You can define the values for the answers yourself and control the question and answer sequence.
|setting up the survey|
Activity Routing Rules
I would like to present the store visit survey for DIY retailers only when the salesrep visits DIY outlets. Suppose that within a region you have two salesreps, each responsible for either DIY or in store outlets. Presenting the correct survey can be done by adding a routing rule, which contains two conditions. In this example I will create a rule, which is a combination of territory and user. The Account owner for DIY outlets in territory 74 (Region = Utrecht) only can select the DIY store survey.
Create Activity Plan
Go to Activity Planner→Plans. Here I have created an activity plan. The plan itself has a couple of tasks assigned. These tasks will guide the salesrep in preparing the store visit. One of the tasks has notes and a document attachment so the salesperson can use this for instructions or reference during the actual visit. The previously created Store Check DIY survey is assigned to this activity plan.
|Tasks and survey assigned to the activity plan|
Plan your store visits
In the previous steps the administrator has set up the surveys and the Activity plan. The activity plan contains relevant tasks to perform and the store visit survey that is to be completed during the visit. Now it is up to the salesrep to plan the store visits.This can be done on the browser, or on an iPad. The salesrep first checks which account he needs to visit. He has a nice overview in the Visit Planner. In the list view he can see which of his own accounts are due for visit, what the visit frequency is or when the last visit date was. There are default search queries to make a selection but of course you can create your own query.
|Overview of scheduled visits|
When a visit is created he can add tasks or surveys to the visit. You can add items to help you document your visit. These items are predefined in activity plans by the system administrator, and may include general checklists, industry-specific surveys, or recommended tasks to complete while you are onsite. To view these items and add the relevant ones, do the following:
- Under Visits, open one of your visits.
- To add standard tasks, choose Tasks–>Add
- A list of predefined tasks appears. Select the ones that are relevant for this visit.
- To add standard surveys or checklists, choose Surveys–>Add. A list of predefined surveys appears. Select the ones that are relevant for this visit.
|Select pre defined task|
|Select pre defined survey|
Record visit information
When all visits are planned the salesrep is good to go. During the store visit the salesrep uses an iPad to fill in the survey, take notes or pictures. During the store visit the following task are completed:
- Checking in captures the date and time and opens the visit for editing, allowing you to record information a bout this visit in the system.
- During your site visit, you can open each task, survey, or checklist and process it accordingly.
- Open the task or survey and complete the items it contains.
- Submit the survey
- Check out
Standard reports available to report on survey results