This document explain how to convert a local class in program to a Global class in SE24.
Convert local class to Global:
- Go to transaction SE24, select menu Object type and option Import (Local class in program):
- Fill the program name were local class is implemented, define the Global class name, select the line and click button to import:
- At the end edit your class and activate it:
- After success activation the class can be used globally.
Please consider before converting:
- Is not possible to have a 100% conversion because some objects inside the local class can’t be automatically converted and manual steps are required:
- It is important to define correctly the scope of global variables and methods parameters to avoid problem when converting;
- If you are using ABAP command MESSAGE without message class you should declared it in class proprieties or in each line of code where is used:
- Existent Text Symbols are not converted to the global class, they should be moved manually or using this command syntax that when clicking will automatically trigger the creation:
Convert from Global to local class
- This functionality is not available but it can be done with the following steps: