Focus on “HR Renewal” considerations
Before we start into the actual discussions there are few common questions which are often asked by the customers like as follows:
How/ What/ Why – HR Renewal 1.0 ?
HR Renewal is part of the HCM functionality which is aimed for delivering and increase the productiveness for the HR Professional role. This HR Renewal focuses mainly for the HR Professional Roles which includes – Employee and Manager Self Service applications, Personnel/ Organization Administration.
HR Renewal is available as an add-on for EhP6. With EhP7 SP2, contents are available in the standard content.
Notable Improvements done in HR Renewal are:
HR Renewal has many functional and User Interface improvements like additional HR Professional Role, and the new user interface option for (P&F) forms development based on WebDynpro for ABAP.
I have been taking a lot on HR Professional Role – So what is it ?
Here goes …HR Professional Role is a part of HR Renewal with some features like
- New navigation across OM and PA Search/ Structure functionalities
- New blend of UI for data changes, single activities, mass data changes
- New end user productivity features like Save as Draft, Favorites, Recently used
- New tools for Ad hoc reporting
- Additional interfaces for HCM P&F which includes leveraging SAP FPM to develop WD ABAP forms
- Role Specific start pages (Eg such as bookmarking important items for action, favorites etc..)
- Collaboration – This feature allows users to communicate with other users about there tasks
Implementation and Migration Consideration:
This session may give you the insights of the considerations for Implementing or Migrating to HR Renewal
Can we use HR Renewal on Enterprise Portal or NWBC ?
Yes, HR Renewal can be used using deployment methodologies NetWeaver Business Client or Enterprise Portal. Choice between NWBC and Portal may evaluated on many factors depending on the Customer requirements or Existing System etc. But in general NWBC is preferred if all the services are bult on WD ABAP technology. However customers who want to still the use of WD Java can then Enterprise Portal is the obvious choice (Off-course WD ABAP also is accommodated).
What are the minimum requirements for implementing HR Renewal ?
As a pre-requisite minimal requirement is ECC 6.0 and Ehp6 and above.
The feature packs are support packages to Enhancement Packs 6 and 7. The mapping of the support packages to the feature packs for HR Renewal1.0 is as follows: (This info taken from SAP help)
Support Package 03 = Feature Pack 1
Support Package 05 = Feature Pack 2
Support Package 10 = Feature Pack 3
Support Package 14 = Feature Pack 4
Is SAP NetWeaver Gateway configuration required for HR Renewal ?
This is a tricky question,but obvious that it is not required if HR Professional Role and Landing Page are not used. But in future HTML5 Landing pages for ESS and MSS Gateway is required. SAP UI5 based Landing Page for HR Professional Role required NetWeaver Gateway.
Off course no additional license required if you are using NetWeaver Gateway with SAP delivered HR Functionality 😉
WD ABAP Vs UI5 ?
- Not all WDA ESS/ MSS services are available in UI5.
- Most of the HR Professional services are on WDA.
- UI5 services are mostly new one’s.
- For WD ABAP applications more customization or Personilization options for new fields available.
- OData services used for UI5 applications.
Roles and Security ?
- Security roles built on WDA applications.
- Revamp required for existing security roles and hence there is an impact to security.
- New HR Professional role.
Hope i helped few takeaways from this blog which can be helpful