With the advent of smartphones, tablets and 4G/LTE in our world, the trend is clearly set towards ‘Fast and Furious’. We prefer to keep track of the news, sports score, technology advancements, our friends and almost everything that is important to us in real-time, and why not – since we have been provided with the means and resources to do so. Surely, our business features in that list – or at least we would like it to!
For many companies, predominantly consumer products, electronics and manufacturing companies, tracking their Supply Chain and Logistics forms a major business function. Customer demands are volatile, and we need to respond to the volatility with equal agility for our sustenance.
SAP’s Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) package has brought to us plethora of complicated activities at a mouse click. However, the backend for these activities is still cumbersome and not as fast as we would like it to be – which is why, collaborating SAP APO with HANA (SAP’s new database system) seems like a logical progressive move.
Running SAP APO on HANA solves a lot of business problems and offers a series of new analytical views to provide better insights into current Supply Chain status and market scenario. I am now going to ramble on about the benefits that HANA brings to the business when united with APO:
– Faster Demand Planning – Real-time updates for Supply Chain data
– Quicker SNP Heuristic run – Near real-time insights into customer data
– Faster Alert Monitoring – New analytical reports to give deep visibility
– Faster Backorder Processing for gATP – Pre-defined dashboards for standard use cases
The above mentioned benefits of HANA can be translated into following business benefits:
- – Time reduction for Planning activities
- – Cost optimization due to faster runs
- – Better equipped to respond to changing business requirements
- – Better informed about current stock coverage, forecast accuracy and supply accuracy – this enables the business to take corrective measures or revise their strategy to align with the market scenario
- – Save time spent in compiling, analyzing and writing reports
The list of HANA wonders for APO is just the tip of the iceberg. As this union of HANA and APO mature, we will surely be able to see many more optimizations and improvements.
Since the purpose of ERP Packages is to help businesses focus on their core competency, while easing the peripheral functions, I think HANA is bang on target!