Do I know about this! Points to ponder before Design thinking …
Design thinking , as we all know is a very effective way of getting the right product/service to right people.Based on my experience of conducting DT sessions, I am sharing some tips that may help you to perform DT effectively:
- Avoid being judgmental – or at least defer it for a while : People tend to become judgmental based on their opinions or assumptions and start liking / disliking idea without any logical reason. We can always take pause and defer judgments and provide unbiased thought on other person’s ideas.
- Encourage wild ideas: During Ideation one should open the horizon for new thoughts and encourage the out of box thinking, as you may never know the wild idea contains the key to the solution.
- Conversation is necessary, Let’s have one conversation at a time! : One conversation at a time enables team to capture the idea in discussion, and also allows others to build upon it ,and with less distraction it is less likely to loose any important aspect of discussion.
- I see I remember :- To express the thoughts visually will help others to grasp ideas quickly, and also make it easy to revisit the idea. As we know visual cue make both halves of our brain work 🙂
( Image : Latin American experience replicated in Indian office Cubicle )
- Build upon ideas of other : This will help to build the energy in team. In case you feel the idea can be worked further by adding your ideas it may result in wonderful new idea!.
(Image : DT workshop )
- More the merrier: Quite literally more ideas means, we can have a more chance of getting good idea!