SAP Portal News Edition 2: March and April 2014
Welcome to the second edition of the SAP Portal News Blog 2014. This is what we have prepared for you:
- Self-Service Support Portal and Testimonial Video
- SAP Fiori LaunchPad
- Subscribe to the new SAP Portal newsletter
- SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference 2014
- Update on SAP Portal Movie Challenge
- Two new movies (Broadcast Messages in SAP Portal and SAP Portal Simplification)
- Blogs of the Community (our recommendations)
Self-Service Support Portal and Testimonial Video
SuccessFactors improves customer service experience via Self-Service Support Portal
Improving customer satisfaction and loyalty is a top priority on the corporate agenda nowadays. Service agents need to efficiently manage incoming customer requests and service tickets. Recently SuccessFactors went live with a new customer-facing Self-Service Support Portal powered by SAP Cloud for Service. More than 3.000 of their customers worldwide use this support website to centrally check for advice, find solutions or contact a support expert. SAP’s new cloud-based Support Portal solution offers companies of all sizes a flexible platform for delivering cost-effective, 24/7 customer self-services and developing own custom solution extensions on top. More information is available in the overview presentation.
Watch also this testimonial video:
SAP Fiori Launchpad
The SAP Fiori Launchpad is a real-time, contextual, role based and personalized aggregation point for business applications planned to be deployed on multiple platforms – ABAP (available today), SAP Portal, Cloud Portal and HANA. It supports assignment of pre-defined content for users, while allowing them to personalize their experience. SAP Fiori Launchpad leverages a responsive design concept as well as mobile first approach and is delivered with built-in capabilities to run on multiple devices.
The SAP Fiori Launchpad combined with the Mobile Portal capabilities facilitates access to SAP Fiori applications, documents and reports and offers a multi-channel, web-based aggregation point. For more information check out this blog by Aviad Rivlin.
(click on the image for better reading)
Subscribe to new SAP Portal Newsletter
Subscribe here to receive the next editions of the quarterly SAP Portal e-mail newsletter. Each issue contains valuable information about SAP Portal’s new portfolio, including SAP HANA Cloud Portal, Cloud for Service, SuccessFactors Extension Platform, Mobile Portal, Fiori Launchpad and more…
SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Conference 2014
In the upcoming ASUG event in Orlando there will be 16 SAP Portal oriented sessions, which you can find in the session catalogue by choosing the track “Portals” in the session catalogue of the agenda builder of ASUG Annual Conference.
The SAP Portal portfolio delivers a flexible SAP HANA-based, enterprise-wide UI aggregation hub for on-premises and cloud scenarios with innovative user experience. The evolving of the portal towards a true user experience platform is also reflected in our ASUG session offerings 2014. These are the main topic areas:
- SAP HANA Cloud Portal is a new flexible cloud-based solution for building attractive business sites and extending on-premises and cloud scenarios.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform extension package for SuccessFactors, makes it quick and easy for customers to adapt and integrate SuccessFactors cloud applications to their existing business processes.
- SAP Fiori LaunchPad combined with the Mobile Portal capabilities facilitates access to SAP Fiori applications, documents and reports and offers a multi-channel, web-based aggregation point.
- SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.4 helps customers to improve user experience by implementing appealing, content-rich enterprise portals – consumable on desktops and mobile devices.
- To meet customer demand for agility the SAP Portal portfolio has evolved from an enterprise portal deployed primarily in-house towards an open platform that can be deployed and consumed very flexibly.
For more information check out this blog.
Update on SAP Portal Movie Challenge
You can also use SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG as a trigger to participate in the SAP Portal and HANA Cloud Portal movie challenge: Produce your own SAP Portal/HANA Cloud Portal SAPPHIRE NOW or ASUG movie: How about explaining your SAP Portal/HANA Cloud Portal project, your SAP Portal/HANA Cloud Portal scenarios, a testimonial, a demo, something with humor, an animated presentation, a Google hangout etc.? You are free to choose the tool and format to produce your own video. Of – if the production of a movie is too time consuming for you – pick a movie you like from our YouTube playlists, create a blog review and explains the business value, the movie provides for you.
Watch Two New Movies
Watch this movie about the new broadcast framework which will be available as of 7.31 SP11 and 7.4 SP6. For more details read also this document.
SAP Portal Simplification: “Simplify Everything, so you can so anything”:
Blogs of the Community
Do not miss reading the following blogs:
HANA Cloud Portal: Insight on Site Layout Capabilities by David Lincourt (great customer use case and demo for HANA Cloud Portal!)
Executing a HANA Cloud Portal Project in Agile-Scrum by Arka Roychowdhury (great example of an agile scrum project where a business website is developed!)