Recently, SAP released SP3 of the B2B add-on. Have a look at this blog for the complete overview. One of the brand new features is the AS2 Log Viewer. This small blog indicates the context, configuration and result.
The AS2 log viewer is a new tool, introduced in the B2B integration cockpit, used to view logging information on AS2 communication.
It collects and displays log data such as incoming requests and errors, which helps to monitor runtime AS2 communication. It also displays information on negative and warning MDN’s, and AS2 servlet related errors.
It solves the problem when a message is rejected due to whatever reason or never reaches the AS2 sender channel, due to some whatever problem and no message will be generated within the monitoring. In those cases, you can see it in AS2 log viewer. Earlier, you had to go and dive into trace files to find out this kind of failures.
To be able to see monitoring data in the AS2 log viewer, the AS2 logging level must be set in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator. Go to the Configuration tab -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Applications. Look for com.sap.aii.adapter.as2.app
Change the value for the b2b.log.level property. By default, WARN is stated.
- FATAL – Only fatal errors will be logged
- ERROR – fatal and error messages should be logged
- WARN/WARNING – fatal, error and warning messages will be logged
- INFO – fatal, error, warning and info messages will be logged.
- ALL – Messages with all above status will be logged (I’ve set this status on our SAP PO system, used in this example)
- OFF – No AS2 relevant messages will be logged
There is a background job LogViewerCleanJob available to delete log entries. Parameter maxAgeDays should be specified to indicate the number of days the AS2 log should be kept in the system.