open SAP: Massive Open Online Courses
Have you encountered openSAP yet?. OpenSAP is SAP’s innovative learning platform and a thought leader for Enterprise MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses. Keeping pace with the rapidly developing world of information technology is hard to do, and SAP is addressing that need with openSAP. openSAP is developed and provided by SAP in cooperation with the Hasso Plattner Institute.
- The courses that are offered by openSAP are conducted entirely online. All the course material provided can be accessed from any device that is connected to the Internet, be it a desktop, a laptop, a smartphone, or a tablet.
- These courses have a defined duration and schedule (usually between five and seven weeks) .
- These courses use various media e.g. video units, supporting materials (slide decks, handouts), and self-tests.
- Participants are required to work on weekly assignments and keep to deadlines. These weekly assignments are graded and contribute to the points required to receive a record of achievement.
- A forum is available for the course participants to discuss the course .
- The course concludes with with a final exam.
- Upon successful completion of the weekly assignments and the final exam, participants will receive a record of achievement.
- All courses are conducted in English.
The average duration of the video units is 90 minutes per week. Combined with additional self-study and weekly assignments, the average effort required to complete an openSAP course successfully will be 4–5 hours per week. .
If you are interested, a list of courses being offered can be found here
The first course scheduled at openSAP is “Sustainability and Business Innovation”.
This course will covers key learning’s from the sustainability journey of SAP and its customers:
- How sustainability drives innovation and growth, creates competitive advantage, and reduces risk and cost
- How to articulate, embed and execute a sustainable strategy at an organization
- How to build successful business cases for sustainability initiatives
This 6 week course is free of charge and taught by Peter Graf, SAP’s chief sustainability officer. It will start on April 29, with work assignments being distributed for an entire week at a time. This allows you to learn whenever and wherever you want. You’ll need about 4 hours per week to complete the course. Upon successful completion you will receive a record of achievement from SAP.
Please use the following link to find out more about this course and to register Link.