In this short blog post I would like to briefly overview the discontinuation data related to production orders.
The discontinuation functionality is used to transfer dependent requirements of a component to one or several follow-up materials, if the requirements are no longer covered by stock.
- settings in transaction MM02 in MRP4 tab: refer to the follow-up material with a date
- creation of production order with discontinued material (transaction CO01)
- in CO02 -> Master data tab: changing the explosion date (Menu -> Functions -> Reread master data) to a date, which is after the time, which has been defined in MM02 -> MRP4 tab previously
- as a result of changing the BOM explosion date to a later time, in the component list we can see both materials
1) After the date from material master is reached, the system takes over both materials.
2) Then the ATP check checks the stock.
3a) If stock from MITYU_DISCONT1 still exists, this one is used.
3b) If not enough stock exists, then MITYU_FOLLOW1 gets the requirement quantity.
4) If customer changes the header quantity of the order, a new ATP check needs to be done to check the stocks again.