Basics of using discontinuation data
In this short blog post I would like to briefly overview the discontinuation data related to production orders.
The discontinuation functionality is used to transfer dependent requirements of a component to one or several follow-up materials, if the requirements are no longer covered by stock.
- settings in transaction MM02 in MRP4 tab: refer to the follow-up material with a date
- creation of production order with discontinued material (transaction CO01)
- in CO02 -> Master data tab: changing the explosion date (Menu -> Functions -> Reread master data) to a date, which is after the time, which has been defined in MM02 -> MRP4 tab previously
- as a result of changing the BOM explosion date to a later time, in the component list we can see both materials
1) After the date from material master is reached, the system takes over both materials.
2) Then the ATP check checks the stock.
3a) If stock from MITYU_DISCONT1 still exists, this one is used.
3b) If not enough stock exists, then MITYU_FOLLOW1 gets the requirement quantity.
4) If customer changes the header quantity of the order, a new ATP check needs to be done to check the stocks again.
This is helpful document.Thanks Dora for this document.:)
Good and easily understandable ! Good Work Dora !!
Please include this two point also.
If BOM quantity of Discontinued and follow up material is different in X finished product.
How we will discontinue the material??
Nice quick tip.
I feel it would be more comprehensive if you please include the way discontinuation data can be maintained in BOM item data.
I had gone thru the document and i am facing similar issue on Discontinuation part.
In your test data I had noticed that follow up material (MITYU_FOLOW1) does not get requirement quantity details updated with respective to discontinued material(MITYU_DISCONT1) quantity instead it shows a Zero.
Do you have any idea on this and what will happen to ATP check when we save the production order.