Here , i am sharing my experience on issue and solution for the TNS Error..
I faced the issue, In Universe connection, server is responding and does not give error. i was able to use universe for query panel and can see the objects from the same universe.
But once we execute the query, then Error comes in the BO Launchpad.
The below details explains more about the environment, issue and solutions.
ERROR: Database error: ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve the connect identifier specified. (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)
In Universe connection, server is responding and does not give error. Able to use universe for query panel and can see the objects from the same universe.
But once we execute the query,then Error comes in the BO Launchpad.
Universe Connection – Relational
Authentication – Enterprise
User Name – Administrator
Bo web – 64 bit
Server oracle -64 bit
Client oracle – 32 bit
- Check TNS Name in Environmental variable
- If you are using local naming (tnsnames.ORA file) , Make sure that “tnsnames” is listed as one of the values of the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.ORA)
- Verify that a tnsnames.ORA file exists and is in proper directory and is accessible. (in my case, TNS Name was pointing to Network path not my system directory path)
- Check that net service name used as the connect identifier exists in tnsnames.ORA file.
- No syntax errors anywhere in tnsnames.ORA file.
- Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Errors in a tnsnames.ORA file may make it unusable.
- Check TNS Entry at BO server whether Oracle Server TNS Entry added in that TNS.ORA file or not