Change the Authentication Error Messages Text on Logon Page for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3
Through this blog putting a small effort to put detail information available at one place to meet subjected goal and reduce your search time.
Change the SAP standard authentication error messages text on sap portal logon page (including initial password change page) with custom /more generic messages as per client requirement.
E.g. in this blog we will be changing following sap logon page error messages with our custom error messages.
- authentication_049=User authentication failed
- authentication_026=Password change failed
- authentication_025=New password and password confirmation are not identical
- authentication_024=Password confirmation missing
- authentication_023=New password missing
- authentication_022=Password missing
- authentication_021=Authentication failed. Password locked
- authentication_003=User account locked
- authentication_002=User is not currently valid
- authentication_000=User authentication failed
SAP error messages for logon page are stored in LogonMessages.properties file within sap.com~tc~je~security~impl.jar.
Ø Get sap.com~tc~je~security~impl.jar file from following server location.
Ø Take a backup of original jar before making modifications to it.
Ø Change the extension of jar from .jar to .zip. Unzip the content and navigate to
Ø If you want to change the English text, edit both LogonMessages_EN.properties and LogonMessages.properties file.Change Following key in both properties file as below
- authentication_049=It is my custom message for – User authentication failed
- authentication_026=It is my custom message for – Password change failed
- authentication_025=It is my custom message for – New password and password confirmation are not identical
- authentication_024=It is my custom message for – Password confirmation missing
- authentication_023=It is my custom message for – New password missing
- authentication_022=It is my custom message for – Password missing
- authentication_021=It is my custom message for – Authentication failed. Password locked
- authentication_003=It is my custom message for – User account locked
- authentication_002=It is my custom message for – User is not currently valid
- authentication_000=It is my custom message for – User authentication failed
Ø zip the content back with same name sap.com~tc~je~security~impl and change the extension to .jar .Make sure not to corrupt the jar.
Ø Replace the original jar on server with this jar
Ø Restart your server
You can package the modified jar into security.sda and deploy the modified security.sda directly through the admin tools. Deployment of sceurity.sda will cause the server to restart.
That’s it …You are done. Now your new changes will reflect.
This jar is part of security.sda which in turn is part of SERVERCORExx_x.sca. These changes will get overwritten by a patch/update of this sca .You need to repeat above steps to make your custom changes available again in the system.
Below are the screen shots for changes done by me
Scenario 1: User authentication failed
Scenario 2: Password change failed
Scenario 3: New password and password confirmation are not identical
Scenario 4: Password confirmation missing
Scenario 5: New password missing
Scenario 6: Password missing
Scenario 7: Authentication failed. Password locked
Scenario 8: User account locked
Scenario 9: User is not currently valid
Please do correct me if I have mentioned anything wrong.
nice document madam
madam ....can i know if user password is locked ...can user by self can reset that password actually i had this requirement earlier ....i know this is not a correct option ...suggest me
Yes, you can do this from portal 6.0 onwards SAP provided this solution.
Useful Blog and time saving one, Thanks for sharing...
where can I find and edit the message "Invalid new password( must contain...." in the change password screen
Hi, nice blog.
Can you tell me how to package the modified .jar file into security.sda.
Thanks and Regards,
For some reason, my .zip file is getting corrupted. I tried with different ZIP software.
I am able to solve using the command prompt.
Jar XF <File Name .jar>
After changing the messages,
Jar CF <file name .jar> META-INF com
Here is more info on this.