Seizing the moment with real-time retail
Faced with increasingly demanding customers and sustained competition, retailers only have a narrow window to seize the moment and influence the sale. Thriving in this environment means maximizing the profit potential of each interaction and customer contact.
Retailers have the information to achieve this goal. All the customer and operational information they need is buried in their loyalty, POS, CRM and back-end systems. The trouble is, retailers only have the time and expertise to analyze and act on a fraction of it, so it’s only of limited advantage.
But suppose it was possible to analyze and act on all of it in real-time. Suppose you could combine it with new delivery methods, like mobile apps and the web. Then you could approach shoppers in exciting new ways with new processes that were previously only a dream.
The reality is that this can be done now. The SAP HANA® platform can analyze massive amounts of data up to 3,600x faster* than conventional techniques. Couple this with SAP for Retail solution portfolio and retail specific mobile applications SAP has been developing, and you can now do things that simply weren’t possible before. We call it real-time retail.
Here are just a few examples:
• Boost margins with on-the-fly profitability analyses and real-time sales analyses in store
• Increase sales with real-time promotions to customers in-aisle, based on preferences and previous behavior
• Minimize the number of empty shelves with real-time on-shelf availability analyses
• Reduce write-offs by optimizing in-store promotions for perishables
• Reduce out of stock situations with real-time visibility of stock across the organization
Visit our website dedicated to retail without boundaries to find out more.