Installation of Syclo agentry + Non-SAP back end(MSSQL)
- We all know that agentry can connect with four different kinds of data bases. Those are,
1. File System
2. HTTP-XML Server
3. Java Virtual Server
4. SQL Database
- Now here I just wanted to clear about the pre-requisites for the installation agentry components and SQL Server Installation.
- In many documents we may see the clear installation process for all agentry components. I to followed the same but here I want to summarize the issues I faced in installation.
- First we look at all the required agentry components.
1. Agentry Server
2. Agentry Editor
3. Agentry Test Environment
- Back end is:
1. Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Installation Process:(Agentry Components)
**Note: All Installation should be done with administrator privileges.
As a part of agentry installation we may start with any component.
1. All agentry components require Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Run-time libraries. At OS installation level only these run-time libraries are installed.
2. Please un-install those libraries because some time they may support and may not based on OS version.
3. So better to uninstall the existed run-time libraries and install the following
32-bit: “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Re-distributable Package (x86)
64-bit: “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Re-distributable Package (x64)
4. Once it is done successfully, Start installation of agentry components.
Agentry Test Environment:
- Run Agentry_126.96.36.199_Test_Environment.exe file to install the ATE. Just follow the installation wizard no issues with this.
- After Successful installation we can see the following.
- Run Agentry_188.8.131.52_Server_win32.exe file to install the agentry server. Here also just follow the installation wizard.
- After successful installation also we may get .dll files missing error when we try to start the server.
- Install the dll files required.
- For Agentry server we need following .dll files
- Install these two dll files or copy the .dll files to the following path
- For these both dll files we need full control access, otherwise we may get “application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000022” error. Please make sure this setting.
- If any server key problem do the following.
Open Run—>regedit—>continue—>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE—>Software—>Syclo—>Agentry—>be sure the folder names should be same, otherwise we may get key expiration error.
- This is the common error while installing the agentry server.
- Agentry server started successfully.
Pre-requisites for agentry editor installation:
- Eclipse Platform v3.7
- The Agentry Editor plug-in for Eclipse
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 (Java 6)
- The Microsoft Visual Studio C++ runtime libraries
Eclipse platform Installation:
- Before going to install the agentry plug-in first we need the eclipse platform. For that install the following.
For 32-bit: eclipse-java-indigo-SR2-win32
For 64-bit: eclipse-SDK-3.7.2-win32-x86_64
- For eclipse we need JAVA 6(JDK & JRE) as pre-requisite. With out java eclipse will not run. So install the JAVA first.
- For eclipse-java-indigo we need JRE 1.6 or above version, download it and install.
- Please be make sure that the JAVA and eclipse indigo should match in the bit configuration i.e, If we install java 32-bit then eclipse indigo should be also 32-bit and for 64-bit as 64-bit eclipse.
- Set path for JAVA in Environment variables because we didn’t installing eclipse and java in same path both are different paths.
Path setting for java.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib
Agentry editor plug-in installation:
- Open eclipse and go to Help–>Install new software add the following file from archive and then follow the wizard to install.
- After successful installation open agentry prospective from eclipse. Go to the menu item Window–>Open prospective–>Agentry(properties).
- Agentry components installation is completed.
- Please follow the below link for more information: I am here to guide you
Installation process for back end:(SQL Server)
1. Micro-soft .NET Framework.
2. Management Studio Installation
3. SQL Configuration manager.
.NET Framework Installation:
- Before going to install the SQL Server we need to install the micro soft .NET Framework.
- Run dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64 to install the .NET framework.
- After successful installation please restart the system.
- Before going to install please make sure about the set up bit configurations.(i.e, for 64-bit OS 64-bit setup and for 32-bit OS 32-bit setup).
SQL Server management studio Installation:
- Install the Microsoft SQl server management studio. Follow the below link.
- Establishing remote connection to the SQL server.
- MS SQL is installed successfully.
Establishing Connection between SQL Server back end to Agentry Server:
Establishing Connectivity: SQL Server ODBC Connections:
Step 1: Open the Data Sources (ODBC) utility in Windows by navigating to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Select the System DSN tab.
Step 2: Start the Add System DSN Wizard by clicking the [Add] button, Select the appropriate SQL server driver from the list and click the [Finish] button.
Step 3: Enter the desired DSN Name and note this value for use during the Agentry Server installation. Also enter a Description and Network Name in the fields provided.
Enter the Server name by typing it directly or by selecting from those available on the network by opening the drop-down list for this field. Click the [Next] button to continue.
Step 4: Select the authentication method for database clients using this DSN and, if SQL authentication is selected, the login and password for the SQL Server database.
Remember that the login and password are only needed if the SQL Server authentication method was selected. Click the [Next] button to continue.
Step 5: Set the default database to the database with which the Agentry Server will synchronize data. In most cases the remaining options are left set to their defaults.
Click the [Next] button to continue.
Step 6: Set the final options as needed, based on the environment and administrative needs.
Click the [Finish] button to complete creating the new DSN and to test it.
Step 7: Review the summary of the DSN configuration and perform a test by clicking the [Test Data Source] button.
Once the test has completed successfully, click the [OK] button to close this wizard and return to the Data Sources (ODBC) utility.
The new System DSN is listed and available to database clients needing to connect to this database, including the Agentry Server.
Hope this Helps.