Webcam in ABAP via ActiveX
Playing With ActiveX in ABAP
In this document i will show you how to access your webcam in ABAP CFW via ActiveX controls and I will give you idea how to play with ActiveX .
Access Webcam/media player or any thing in ABAP via ActiveX .
I’d seen some issue How to CALL WEBCAM in SAP and decided to write a document.
customer wants everything on ABAP screen not 3rd party eg. – 1) On security gate they want capture visitors photo but only ABAP screen
2) In Weighment system access/read COM port data but via ABAP only
3) RDP server get connected client IP
some times just for playing with ABAP means media player and other .
1) You can create your own ActiveX control in VB6.0 , VB.net / C# – ActiveX – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or download free available ActiveX .
2) Register it via Regsvr32 [/u] [/s] <OCX File Name>
3) Create your proxy class for our ActiveX control by inheriting CFW class CL_GUI_CONTROL and access methods.
4) Create your ABAP program and use your class and show your activeX
For understanding whole process please read blog by Thomas Jung – Using Classic ActiveX Controls in the ABAP Cont… | SCN
Access Webcam in ABAP –
1) (due to some company policy restriction) Here for ActiveX i’m gonna used already developed activeX – Video Capture ActiveX SDK | VideoCap SDK ActiveX – just download and install it even you don’t need to register it.
2) Create your Proxy class ycl_gui_webcam– download it from My GitHub
3) Create your program ygui_webcam – download it from My GitHub
Download – Aashish28/ABAP · GitHub
Run your program –
Just Try It and Enjoy
You can also try it with your Media Player