This blog tends to take a step forward on Fiori Launchpad introduction blog by me.
Note :These steps are required only if you don’t have the latest UX packages installed.
Please install the latest UX addons to benefit from all the features.
Now that we know that Wave 2 apps have been designed to be accessed by Fiori Launchpad and Launch page is already history. If you have all the Wave one apps up and running, it would be better if you get the entire wave 1 & wave 2 apps on the Launchpad.But how do we do it? SAP has provided a thorough documentation on what Launchpad is, and how it helps us. But still we are missing on any step by step approach to add new apps to your Launchpad.
This blog will help you to do the same. And as Fiori aims at “Keeping simple things simple”, adding apps to your Launchpad is also simple!
- Here’s a link to the Launchpad designer that can be used to add catalogs and groups to your existing Launchpad.
- Once you are on the designer, you can select to “Create a new catalog” by clicking on the + sign on the bottom. Provide a suitable Title and ID, and you are good to go.
- Now that you have your catalog ready, you add tiles to your catalog. These tiles correspond to the apps you want visible in this catalog. Select “App Launch Static” to create a simple Manager approval app.
Here’s how the tile would look like once added to the catalog. You can customize the tile, for the app you need to add.
If you click on the tile, you can see the details that can be modified for a particular app.
Add the relevant title and the target URL for the Manager Leave approval app.
- Now you can add the catalog to a group. To create a Group, select the group icon and provide details like Title and ID.
- You can select the catalog that you would like to add to this group.
- You select Manager to add this to the group.
- Now you want this app only visible to the Manager, who holds the right set of roles for approvals.
To restrict the Access of app, Go to PFCG in the gateway system, and create a new role for manager apps.
Click on “Transactions” to add a “Grupee”.
From the drop down list you can select the appropriate Gruppe, in our case “manager”.
- The last step to assign the appropriate users to this role .
- Save it! And you are all set to use the “Manager leave approval” app on the new Launchpad.