In a recent BO upgrade project, I did face a requirement of displaying custom message in BI Launchpad login page. The upgrade happened from BOXI3.1 to BO 4.0. Earlier, they used to edit the logon.jsp file inside InfoViewApp web service folder to display their custom messages. But the same trick did not work in BO 4.0.
In this blog, let me describe how I managed to display a custom message in BI Launchpad login page for SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 SP6.
Let the requirement be as below:
- To show a pop-up message when the user enters the URL for BI Launchpad.
- In the log-in screen we need to show some custom message.
Let’s assume that SAP BO BI Platform 4.0 has been installed and configured with default Tomcat web application server.
Here are the steps to achieve the requirement:
- Stop Tomcat in the BO server.
- Delete the folder <Tomcat Installation directory>\work\Catalina\localhost\BOE. This is a temporary folder and will be re-created when tomcat will be started.
- Go to the folder <Tomcat Installation directory>\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\eclipse\plugins\webpath.InfoView\web.
- Take a backup of the file custom.jsp and keep it in a safe location.
- Create a copy of the file logon.jsp in the same folder and rename it as custom.jsp.
- Open newly created custom.jsp file in notepad for editing.
alert(‘Information: \n Any Report / UserID not used in last 2 months will be cleaned up as part of Regular System maintenance.’);
- Add the custom message you want to display in the login screen just after the line :
<font color=“Mediumblue”>For logon credentials, kindly contact
<a href=mailto:email@example.com“><font color=“red”><span style=“text-decoration:underline;”>Arijit Das</span></font></a>
- Save and close the file.
- Go to folder <Tomcat Installation directory>\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\internal.
- Take a backup of the file BIlaunchpad.properties and keep it in a safe location.
- Open existing BIlaunchpad.properties file in notepad for editing.
- Change the line
- Save and close the file.
- Start Tomcat from Central Configuration Manager. It will take some time to re-generate the BOE temporary folder which we deleted in step 2.
- Clear browser cache and java temporary files.
- Now open the BI Launchpad URL: http://boserver:port/BOE/BI in the browser.
- First the pop-up message will appear as we configured in step 7.
- Once you click OK, the logon screen will appear with custom message that we configured in step 8.
How to do it for BO 4.1
The process is similar for BO 4.1 also but with some minor differences :
Steps 1-7 are same as we did for BO 4.0.
Step 8: Add the custom message to be displayed just before the tag <h:form>.
Steps 9-12 are again same as before.
Step 13: Change the line
Steps 14-19 are again the same as before.
How to do it for BO 4.2 Fiorified Launchpad
Please follow the blog: