SAP Solution Manager for both the LoB and IT
SAP’s John Krakowski and his colleagues are providing more information below about what to expect in the ASUG Pre-Conference session for “Expanding Your Borders with Solution Manager” which is being held June 2nd in Orlando, Florida. Please read below:
NOW is the perfect time for every organization to register a representative to attend the ASUG Preconference Full-Day Seminar ‘Expanding your Borders with SAP Solution Manager’.
On the SAP SAPPHIRE NOW | ASUG ANNUAL CONFERENCE home page, you will see the statement ‘Get the latest technological vision, actionable insights you need to drive profitability and growth, and influence future SAP offerings’, and on the ASUG PROGRAM home page is the statement ‘Every Experience Adds up to Your Success’.
These two statements are in perfect alignment with the tremendous SAP Solution Manager benefits and features that can be realized by all organizations and both their Lines of Business and IT.
More than ever, the market never stands still and neither can SAP and SAP Solution Manager. Year over year, SAP Solution Manager pre-conference seminars have proven to be among the most successful, valuable, and important topics for the ASUG Community. This year’s focus is to demystify, simplify, and discover new ways to approach your SAP Solution Manager adoption for lasting benefits to drive maximum value from your SAP Solution environment. SAP Solution Manager combines tools, content, and direct access to SAP to manage everything from deployment to solution monitoring and improvement. Based on an SAP support contract, the solution can help you optimize core business processes, your IT infrastructure, and innovate with two value releases per year.
This preconference seminar will help you refresh your SAP Solution Manager information to address the painstaking and time consuming efforts and potentially high risks to adopt innovations in your existing SAP solution, such as test phase duration, projected costs, and business user impact. The session is designed to provide maximum opportunity for you to hear from, interact, and see demos with several key and diverse ASUG members (Customer, Partner, and SAP) knowledgeable about SAP Solution Manager and obtain insight into their playbooks. You will be presented with multi-faceted topics, such as best practices for deploying innovation reliability and quickly while minimizing business risk, to increase your understanding and make SAP Solution Manager even more relevant to your organization. You will walk away with specific ways to expand your use of SAP Solution Manager, maximizing the value of your support engagement with SAP and your partners. You’ll be able to streamline internal processes, minimize manual effort, reduce operational costs, and introduce new business functionality with greater ease.
Leveraging SAP Solution Manager more fully has been shown to increase reliability and help lower total cost of ownership:
- Discover how integrated SAP IT Portfolio and Project Management, provides visibility and collaboration between project and change management teams.
- Learn the best landscape for Two Value Releases per Year.
- Hear about the recommended major and minor release approach.
- Understand how to adjust and test only what matters when managing innovation projects with SAP Solution Manager’s Scope and Effort Analyzer.
- Gain steps to improve Custom Code Management.
- Review Solution Documentation best practices and whitepapers.
Also, walk away with information about:
- SAP’s Control Center Approach for proactive support and to accelerate innovation.
- Deployment and Run SAP like a Factory best practices for SAP HANA.
- IT Service Management best practice processes with SAP Solution Manager.
- What the new central CTS means for Change Control Management.
- Learn information about SAP Solution Manager’s strategic direction and release plans, with details of the new release’s exciting innovations such as a new approach for collaborative process design.
Don’t miss out learning about the new features and breaking announcements!
Photo by SAP
Could this be you, asking John questions during this ASUG pre-con?
I also encourage you to read what former SCN Member of the Month Thomas Dulaney wrote in his blog last year about the ASUG Solution Manager pre-conference session at Review: ASUG Preconference ==> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 – Additional Value Creation Through Technological Innovations
“I have absolutely *nothing* negative to say about the ASUG preconference sessions. The three presenters were incredibly well informed. The presentations were incredibly well prepared. It was clear that this preconference session was designed and developed as a smoothly flowing whole session and not a collection of one hour sessions designed for a different audience. “