When you are using SE80 with a Report which have a local class and you aren’t logged in English. In this scenario you will see a new node which has the label “INVISIBLE NODE” in your languae, in my case, spanish.
This is not a critical error, but pissed me off for a long time, until I decided to solve it myself (I couldn’t find Notes, KBAs or any SCN content related to it)
After some time analyzing I found the problem was located in the FM WB_TREE_RETURN_OBJECT_LIST, there’s a filter to discar root nodes which applies if the node text is “INVISIBLE NODE”
The problem here is the value located in g_nodetab-name is language dependant so will vary depending in which language are you logged on, if you logon allways in English, lucky you 😉
The solution was quite easy to perform, I searched where was stored the text in order to modify the translation using the enlgish text “INVISIBLE NODE” despite the spanish translation “NODO INVISIBLE”. The text is located in the Function Group SEWB, under the symbol CPP, the text CFP also has “INVISIBLE NODE”, but this doesn’t apply to the tree, I wonder where applies…. 😕 Once you replace the text the extra node will disapear 🙂
I will leave a surprise for your, check the transalation between English and German for the text symbols CPP and CFP 😈