Federation University students, faculty and staff take ‘a look into SAP’
8th April, Federation University, Mt Helen campus, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
Federation University students, faculty and staff from the Mt Helen campus in Ballarat, attended an SAP guest lecture entitled, ‘A look into SAP’ delivered by University Alliances and Education Channel Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Brenton Nicholls.
Since not all attendees were familiar with SAP, the lecture addressed the following topics:
- SAP – its history, industries that use our products and the breadth of software products we provide
- Software & implementation partner selection – the processes organisations, SAP and our implementation partners go through in selecting SAP as their platform of choice
- Software deployment & risk mitigation during SAP implementations
- Educating yourself in SAP – access to free Open.sap.com courses, Academy Cube, uAcademy courses that help students prepare for SAP Associate Certification and SAP’s latest offering – Learning Hub – student edition (~145 eLearning and Handbook-based courses appropriate for the student sector)
- Practical ways to break into the SAP market
- SAP skills expected to be in demand in the coming years – Hana, Big Data, Mobile, Social Media and Analytics.
Students were informed about SAP’s Student Entrepreneurship Program which will give enterprising students an opportunity to build and commercialise their own application/s using the HANA platform.
Thanks to Mehmood A Chadhar, SAP Coordinator and Lecturer at the School of Science, Information Technology and Engineering for arranging the event.