In Offline Workflow Process, a generic dump happens when delivering the PDFs to the recipients. In ST22, we can see the following Short Dump:
This short dump does not say what is the issue and how to resolve it. Below, I have separated the different issues I found for this generic message and how to resolve it:
Possible causes and solutions:
Valid E-mail address:
- The users who receive the work items do not have a valid e-mail address in SU01. The e-mail is not delivered and the number of dumps in ST22 is huge.
- More information on how to find the recipients or senders without e-mail address on the link: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/QwEjFg
- SOLUTION: All the recipients and senders must have a valid e-mail address in SU01
Risk Management Inactive:
- If you do not use Risk Management (you have disabled the application in SPRO), you can have an authorization issue when submitting the PDF to the users (a sub process assignment for example). The issue will not be visible so the same message will return (assertion_failed) in ST22.
- SOLUTION: The following SAP note must be applied -> 1998579 – ASSERTION_FAILED in CL_GRFN_OWP_DELIVER
GRFN_OWP_SUB_JOB_SENDER is scheduled:
- ABAP program name: GRFN_OWP_SENDER is scheduled with program name as GRFN_OWP_SUB_JOB_SENDER. The program will be cancelled as there is no Work Item to be delivered.
- Error message is: Failed to load header of work item
- More information on how to find this error message on the link: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/mYI5Fg
- SOLUTION: cancel the background job GRFN_OWP_SUB_JOB_SENDER and leave just GRFN_OWP_SENDER
No Physical Content:
- Physical content not found for document is the error message
- It means that the file requested is not available or not found in the client.
- SOLUTION: Users must check the file name and content in the system.
- ADS Error. Return code is fehler SOAP Framework: SOAP runtime Exception
- ADS service is not correct configured.
- More information on how to find this error message on the link: ADS Error – SOAP Runtime Exception – Governance, Risk and Compliance – SCN Wiki
- SOLUTION: SAP note 944221 must be followed.
Failed to get OWP sender e-mail address:
- Missing configuration of e-mail inbound Process. If you missed the configuration of inbound e-mail addresses in SPRO, please, follow SAP note below in order to configure it.
- More information on how to find this error message on the link: Failed to get OWP sender e-mail address – Governance, Risk and Compliance – SCN Wiki
- SOLUTION: Maintain the settings by following the path:
1. Execute the transaction “SPRO”.
2. Navigate through Governance, Risk and Compliance -> Process Control -> Offline Work Process -> Configure Email Inbound Process.
3. Insert a row with Communication Type as Internet mail.
4. Enter a valid Email Address in the recipient address column.
5. Enter the document class as “*”.
6. Enter the Exit name – “CL_GRFN_OWP_DELIVER”.
7. Enter the call sequence.
8. Save the settings.