This document is about how to use the Include Text(SO10 Text) with nested variables in SAP Adobe forms. When we use the nested variable in a standard text and try to replace the value of that variable in Adobe form, we get an error saying that the field(variable) does not exist.
For example, We want to display today’s date.So we create a Standard text as shown below. sy-datum is a system variable which is to replaced with today’s date.
Now after entering the Adobe form, we create a text node for this standard text in the Context node. But when save the form and try to move further with layout changes( for binding this SO10 text with text field), we get the below error.
This error occurs because when we specify &sy-datum& in SO10 text, the framework tries to replace the value of sy-datum in context node but it doesn’t find the variable sy-datum. To overcome this problem, we should explicitly declare a variable which will store the today’s date.
Please follow the steps below to achieve this.
1) Declare a Global variable DATE of type sy-datum in Form Interface as shown below.
2) Write the code in Code Initialization to fill the variable DATE as shown below.
3) Drag the Global variable DATE in the Context Node of the Form as shown below.
4) Go to your Standard text. And replace the &sy-datum& with &date& as shown below.
5) Log off from the system and log in again. This is very important. Now the error won’t appear. The below output is displayed after the standard text is binded with the text field.
Note: This document describes only 1-level nesting. For 1-level nesting, you can directly do the changes in the Adobe form. If you want to use multiple level nesting in Standard texts, READ_TEXT Function Module is a good option on ABAP side.